Community Emails and Notifications setting - Community News and Feedback - Site Root - Progress Community

Community Emails and Notifications setting

Community News and Feedback

Community Emails and Notifications setting

• This document describes how you can check and set your Community emails and notification.

To access your settings click the little gear under your avatar

Then go to the:

- Email tab-folder to change your email settings

- Notification tab-folder to review your notifications settings

Be aware that your "private email" is the one you used when you first requested your Progress-ID. 

That private email cannot be changed through the Community. To change it check this doc.

At the bottom of the Email tab-folder page, check your Groups Digest.

You can then decide the frequency you'll get Group digests (daily, weekly, non).

You may also want to check your Forum notifications.

To do so, go into a forum for which you may get some undesired notifications and verify that the Forum Notifications are ON or OFF.

Last, you may also need to make sure that from a specific forum discussion, the Reply notifications are ON or OFF.

• I've done this to change my email address to gmail, and forum emails are still coming to my old tdkcs.ca address.

• Hi Tim

We have changed your private email so that it now reflects your gmail account, orum emails should go to this account now.

Thanks for highlighting  this gap and we will resolve the issue of updating the user's  private email in the community.

regards

James

• Thx!

• Thx!

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 7:24 AM, Tim Kuehn
    wrote:
    > Hi Tim
    >
    > We have changed your private email so that it now reflects your gmail
    > account, orum emails should go to this account now.
    >
    > Thanks for highlighting this gap and we will resolve the issue of updating
    > the user's private email in the community.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > James
    >
    >
  • This is resulting in some very mysterious looking e-mail.  Without the thread link at the top, the first message looks like a private message to Tim that has somehow been routed to me.

Consulting in Model-Based Development, Transformation, and Object-Oriented Best Practice  http://www.cintegrity.com