Community Calendar: Displayed start time of event is not the venue's local timezone - Community News and Feedback - Site Root - Progress Community

Community Calendar: Displayed start time of event is not the venue's local timezone

Community News and Feedback

Community Calendar: Displayed start time of event is not the venue's local timezone

• Hi,

I noticed that the start time of events listed at the community calendar is not displayed using its venue timezone, but either using the local timezone of my profile, when logged in, or GMT/UTF+0 (Greenwich Time) when not logged in.

I suggest to always show the event start time using the local time of the venue. I think showing the event start time in any other timezone (my own or Greenwich) is confusing.

Regards,
    Stefan

• there is currently a platform limitation/bug preventing it to adjust event times to the user time-zone. That issue is fixed in the next version to which we should upgrade within the next couple of months or so. The fix unfortunately can't be back-ported to our current release.

• Of course, the portal software provides the features.

What I wonder is whether the start time can be set in a way that it is completely independent of the user's timezone.
    Maybe there is the option of storing the time without a timezone, so it is shown without timezone adoptions at all.
    That way the start time would always been displayed similar to a printed invitation, where this time value is fixed.

Yes, this is helpful only for events, which are on-site, i. e. you visit the venue, and therefore you need the start time at venue's timezone.
    And in case it is a Web Event, you want to see the start time in your local timezone instead.

Well, it is a tricky one.

Regards, Stefan