How to start with appSolute tool ? - Forum - Roundtable Community - Progress Community
 Forum

How to start with appSolute tool ?

• How can we debug this file adrtb_makedeployment.p by putting debug messages as below error is coming from this .p

not sure

Appserver connection is working fine for release script so it should work for this script as well.

The issue is something different. So i am trying to trace this file adrtb_makedeployment.p.

Maybe it is not getting a particular class file.

Pls guide me.

• finally i got one issue in the log

any idea on this class file error ?

Also even after having fetchdata.p availale in the path m getting below error

I added message for query and where clause, that u can check in the screenshot

• I am surprised you are getting this, as all the code for the models is included in the package. Is this still using the AppServer?

Can you let us know what your PROPATH looks like for the client and the AppServer? Something must be missing.

Regards / Med Venlig Hilsen 

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• yes it is using appserver conection but taking local installation directory for the round table but issue is something different. it is showoing fetchdata.p is not found and that is calling from rtbwspace.cls pogram from base folder.

• What do you mean by "but taking local installation directory for the round table"?

I would like to clearly understand how your PROPATHs are set up. Please share these for both the client and AppServer.

In the coming 11.5.02 release, we have replaced the classes you mention with new proxy methods using standard RTB proxies. But I am not aware of issues with the current package not compiling - so I am quite sure you are having issues with your propath or something else with the client or AppServer.

Also, can you confirm that all of the code in the toolkit compiles on the client? I would normally have an eclipse project set up for this and get the code compiled up as a first step before trying to use the code.

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• in the below json file i have added rtb installation path of dev server.

we have appserver on another machine where we have rtb installation aswell but i have installed appsolute tool on dev server, added  rtb installation path of dev server, passed other appserver params  and running the scripts from dev server only by setting these values.

It is working for release script but not for deployment.

• Also compiled all the programs from OE...m just trying to execute from the command prompt by setting these params

I am able to execute the release script by these steps but not the deployment script

• I would still like to see you propaths for the client and server.

Can you not share this info?

Both the client AND the server need to have both a RTB installation and automation toolkit installation correctly available in the PROPATH, otherwise things will not work. It is not enough to just set the RTB install path in the config file - that is used by the client starting the process - it is not used by the AppServer,

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• I have installed toolkit  only on dev server not on appserver. On appserver we have installation directory for round table and that is configured in the appserver propath.

Do we need to install toolkit on appserver round table installation directory aswell ?

then how it is working for workspace release script without setting all these ?

also what do u mean by propath for the client and server ?

propaths for the client and server
    propaths for the client and server.
    propaths for the client and server.
  • how can we install this tool on both the machine so that it will work properly from command prompt.

Any documentation on this ?

• Place a copy on each server or make it available on a network drive....

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• i am really new to this and i am in confusion.

I dont see any issue in placing it on dev machine only. It executing local rtb api's and connecting to appserver for rtb data.

What is the issue on placing this tool on dev env and executing from there only ?

If I place it on both the machine, what all the chnages in the json file for both like appserver connection and rtbinstallation path ?

Also How o i execute it then from the dev machine ?

• HI,

i have modified parameter in json "RtbUseAppServer": false,

and it worked for me.

It processed deployment using my local toolkit code.

Still i will try to install it on appserver for more findings.

• I have installed this tool on appserver but while compiling I am getting below error of invalid version

On appserver, we have 10.2B and on dev server we have both 10.2b and 11.6.

Is that the issue ?

• Looks like your r-code and AppServer are on different versions.

Is the E-drive that the code is referring to on the server ?

Make sure the AppServer propath is correct after the installation of the toolkit on the server.

Thomas Hansen
    Director