RTB Workspace releases - Forum - Roundtable Community - Progress Community
 Forum

RTB Workspace releases

• Hi,

Is it possible to create RTB Workspace releases from progress ?

• There is no entry in the Roundtable API for this but it can be done by calling rtbCreateRelease.p. The parameters are:

/*

rtbCreateRelease.p

Parameters:

input

pcWorkspace - Workspace ID

pcDesc      - Release description

output

pcError     - Any error message

*/

Also, take a look at the AppSolution Automation Toolkit. The class-based API in that package has a method to create a Release.

Jeff Ledbetter

Roundtable Product Architect

www.roundtable-software.com

• Will it return created workspace release ID and its details ?

How can we identify the created details ?

• Hi.

No, it does not return the newly created release.

The previously mention AppSolute Automation Toolkit contains a class file with examples of how to fetch a particular Release or all Workspace Releases. See RTBProxyHelper.cls in that package, which can be found here:

www.roundtable-software.com/.../

Jeff Ledbetter

• I gone through the RTBProxyHelper.cls what i understood is if i call rtbCreateRelease.p, it will create release details in the supplied workspace but it will not return any release details. Suppose user wants to see what release details he created by using this API call without going to the round table then ? atleast it should return this details or is there any other api that will run immediately after 1st api call and return the latest release details.

Also I am not able to run the rtbcreaterelease.p file availabe in the rtb/proxy/p folder even after setting the propath from progress editor. I am getting error rtbsetsessionproperty.p not found.

• Please note that there is also a call to rtbGetWorkspaceReleases.p which will return a table of all Workspace Releases. Or, you can just use the RTBProxyHelper.cls as is and call the wrapper methods it includes.

Jeff Ledbetter

• Do u have any idea on the required parameters for rtbGetWorkspaceReleases.p ?

• Did you look at the RTBProxyHelper.cls file? There is an example of calling it, or you can just use the class itself.

Jeff Ledbetter

• I am getting below error while calling API. I added propath correctly in my program but still facing this issue.

• Hi.

You still have to follow the rules documented in the rtb_api.p procedure which requires logging in and setting context. Logging in will start the necessary libraries.

Please see the other API examples I provided.

Jeff Ledbetter

• i am following all those steps as suggested by you in earlier post.

• That is not all the steps required. You must log in. Please review the example I provided and also the instructions in rtb_api.p.

Jeff Ledbetter

• ok will check

• Thanks guyz now i am able to create the workplace releases.

Can we also create RTB Deployment data for below screen from progress editor and make deployment ?

There is one proxy api available in rtb i.e. rtbMakeDeployment.p but dont know what exactly it is doing.

• There's quite a bit more to it with making deployments than creating releases. Creating a release is a simple marker in a workspace that can be used for imports and deployments of changes from a workspace up to a certain point in time. Think of it as a marker on a timeline.

For deployments, you need to create a release as well as a site (deployment recipient) for deployments before you can create a deployment.

If you have not done so already, I would strongly recommend going through the RTB documentation on deployments - as it is important to understand the various requirements to work with this.

We have actually added support for automating deployments in the Automation Toolkit, which Jeff has referred to a few times. The same pre-requisites apply here as well for being able to use this. There are some additional things needed with setting up config files and marking deployment sites for automated deployments before you can automate this.

I would say that using the deployments feature is an advanced feature - and would also suggest that the other automation features supported by the toolkit have been set up and tested before using this.

The toolkit is currently available as open source, and you can have a look at this to see how this works.

Regards / Med Venlig Hilsen 

Thomas Hansen
    Director