Converting bytes message to text or xml message - Forum - Technology Partner - Progress Community

Converting bytes message to text or xml message

Forum

Converting bytes message to text or xml message

• I have a working custom java service that converts bytes content of messages into utf8 text/xml content and the other way around. It works as expected, but I would like to change that to be more generic (no need for specific jar file) - that is: To use a transformation service (or similar) configured by xslt or a rules file. I have tried to use a routing service with a javascript rules file, but that does not seem correct - it is after all a routing service.

What service type should be used?
    What is easier javascript or xslt?
    Should I perhaps keep the custom java service?

• Hello,

Have you considered calling a static Java method from your XSLT? Yours would look different, but here is what I have used in the past. A Java Service would work but the XSLT would be a little more lightweight if you could get it to work. You would pass the byte content to your method (ex: String convert(byte[] bytes)). If this doesn't acheive what you need, I would just use a Custom Service.

<

xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:apputil="com.company.app.util.AppUtil" xmlns:hds="com.company.app.jdbc.HibernateDatastore" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:template match="/">

<xsl:for-each select="CONT/Contractors">

<AIMLABQUALInterface>

<Header>

<xsl:attribute name="event">Notifyxsl:attribute>

<SenderID>PERSONAPPSenderID>

<CreationDateTime><xsl:value-of select="apputil:getCurrentFormattedDate()">xsl:value-of>CreationDateTime>

Header>

<Content>

<AIMLABORQUAL>

<QUALIFICATION>

<xsl:attribute name="action">AddChangexsl:attribute>

<QUALIFICATIONID>

<xsl:value-of select="@TaskID">xsl:value-of>

QUALIFICATIONID>

<ORGID>TSORGID>

<QUALTYPE>OQQUALTYPE>

<LABORQUAL>

<LABORCODE><xsl:value-of select="hds:getCompany(string(@CompanyID))">xsl:value-of>LABORCODE>

<CERTIFICATENUM>0CERTIFICATENUM>

<EFFDATE><xsl:value-of select="apputil:formatDate(string(@MaxQualDate))">xsl:value-of>EFFDATE>

<VALIDATIONDATE><xsl:value-of select="apputil:formatDate(string(@MaxQualDate))">xsl:value-of>VALIDATIONDATE>

<ENDDATE><xsl:value-of select="apputil:formatDate(string(@MaxExpirationDate))">xsl:value-of>ENDDATE>

<AIMQUALTYPE>OQAIMQUALTYPE>

LABORQUAL>

QUALIFICATION>

AIMLABORQUAL>

Content>

AIMLABQUALInterface>|

xsl:for-each>

xsl:template>

xsl:stylesheet>

Capture.png