Lost home page and theme - On Premise – Configurations & Setup - On Premise – Configurations & Setup - Progress Community
 On Premise – Configurations & Setup

Lost home page and theme

• Lost home page and theme
  • Hi,

We're developing our web site locally (local SQL Server & local IIS) which we deployed on a server today, it all worked great, however, I was surprised to see that the home page wasn't set anymore (even though all stored pages were there) and the front-end theme wasn't registered neither?!

The way we deployed was as follows:
     - backed-up the local databases,
     - published the ASP.NET web sites on the server,
     - restored the local databases on the server,
     - updated connection strings to point to the new databases.

Any ideas how I could lose those two settings?

Regards,
    Carl
  • Hi Carl,

This is possible if some of the configuration files are not migrated. For instance the homepage id is set inside ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/PagesConfig.config

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • Ok, thanks Ivan, I get it, some .config files weren't included in project, hence not published on the server, it all makes sense.

Thanks for the quick answer as always,
    Carl
  • Hi,

What about front-end themes ?

I deployed in the server from my local copying all site files. Front-end site and backend sitefinity are running well but I lost my themes. Somehow, when generating pages, Sitefinity is not putting the right link for the css or is not routing to the correct path.
  • Hi,

It was the same: it's configured in the AppearanceConfig.config which also wasn't included in my project and that wasn't shipped on the production server neither.

Carl