Sitefinity will load the last valid page in the path of the requested URL and the rest of the URL will be treated as URL parameters. In your example, no matter what you place after ~/home, the home page will be loaded and you can access the rest in the URL as parameters.
To test this, do the following test:
1. Create a user control, let’s say MyControl.ascx in the root of the site.
2. Add a Label to the User Control.
3. Add the following code in the code behind file:
MyControl : System.Web.UI.UserControl
sender, EventArgs e)
.Label1.Text = String.Empty;
var parms = (
.Label1.Text += param +
4. Add the user control to the Page Toolbox. See this instructions how to add user control to the toolbox: http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/how-to-create-a-widget/creating-a-widget-as-a-user-control/register-the-widget-in-sitefinity.aspx
5. Drop that control to your home page
NOTE: this behavior is subject to change in the near future because a lot of people perceive it as bug, since we don’t throw HTTP 404 exception. Nevertheless the current behavior will also be supported (configurable) and you also will be able to specify matching patterns.
I hope this answers your question. Let me know you need further clarification.
This was what i was exactly looking for. But its still giving me the same error :
HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Is dynamic url possible in sitefinity. What is going wrong. I have been trying long for this. Even though i have added the code mentioned above, my user control is not getting triggered. Its throwing the error mentioned above.
You need to tell Sitefinity you are handling the dynamic URL otherwise it will throw a 404 (from 7.2 upwards)
Just use RouteHelper.SetUrlParametersResolved(); somewhere in your widget and it won't 404.