How to develop a cusomized "Twitter"-like Connector? - General Discussions - General Discussions - Progress Community
 General Discussions

How to develop a cusomized "Twitter"-like Connector?

• How to develop a cusomized "Twitter"-like Connector?
  • I need a connector to synclize with my local "twitter" service, is there any guild about how to write such a connector?

• Hi devpro,

You can take a look at code in the Charity Starter Kit which includes Social media widgets like Facebook, Twitter & Flickr.

I hope this helps you in your project. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best,
    Boyan Barnev
    the Telerik team
  • thank you for your message.

I have look the Charity StarterKit, for my understood, the widgets deal with the UI part to integrate social site.
    What I need is some connector to process the backend communication between my site(based on sitefinity) and the local social site with like( Twitter) through their open API. I want to publish my blog/News to that social site.

Does the sitefinity SDK include such a provider machanim or exapmle.

Regards,

• Hello devpro,

Sorry for not getting your idea properly the first time. I believe that going to Sitefinity>>Administration>>Settings>>Basic>>Twitter should point you in the right direction.

Best wishes,
    Boyan Barnev
    the Telerik team
  • that work with Twitter only, right?

Can I customize my own connector like this to sync content with China local social network?
  • Hi devpro,

Yes, the twitter pipe would work only with registered Twitter applications.
    But if I get you cottectly "I want to publish my blog/News to that social site." - this can be achieved. One way is to create a custom pipe for your local twitter-like service, but currently there's a bug to be fixed about implementing this functionality.
    What I can recommend you is to create an RSS feed that is publishing events, which you create in Sitefinity, and feed it in your other site. You can take a look at  ASP.NET RSS Toolkit and Creating a Feed resources, I believe they would be very helpful.

Kind regards,
    Boyan Barnev
    the Telerik team