Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. - General Discussions - General Discussions - Progress Community

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

General Discussions

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

• Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
  • Hi all,

I anyone else getting this error. 

i have overitten the dlls in the bin directory and also in my custom module, and this gets rid of it for a little while and then bang it comes back if i update my module (sometimes) and if i change the code behind of a user control in my project and bang it goes again.

Rob
  • Roberto,

I ran into that as well in my upgrade.  I had to delete my VirtualPathSettingsConfig.config file in App_Code, which I came to after reading some posts about custom module problems in 4.1.  Deleting that file made the error vanish.

Do I need that file?  I have no idea :)  I suppose I'll see what happens when I can make my custom modules compile and test them in 4.1 as well.

- William
  • Sorry, spoke too soon.  This now happens to me randomly, hosing the entire site and requiring an IIS restart to fix.

Adding that to my long 4.1 upgrade problems list.

- William
  • Roberto,

Upon completely deleting the custom module I'd created from my project, this error went away.  Haven't seen it in hours.

I'm hoping that when I get a 4.1 custom module working, that error won't return.  But wanted to share with you how I fixed it in case that helps point you in a direction.

- William
  • Hi William,

Thanks for the response.  This is a strange one as it is not consisten, even without my custom module if i change code in a user control that resides in my website project i get this error aswell, it is becoming very annoying, along with the other issues i am facing, dont know what i have done but no one at telerik seems to want to answer any of my questions.

Rob
  • it's because the product is broken and there are no answers yet. until they can actually release something usable we are all just wasting time playing with broken parts.

we fixed this problem by draggin in the dll from the new emptyfolder bin to our custom widget solution. then rebuilt it with the new references to the latest build dlls. then copied that in the bin folder for the sitefinitywebapp. problem wasnt resolved until we then rebuilt sitefinitywebapp - then went to emptyproject folder bin and copied all dlls from there in the bin folder in sitefinitywebapp. rebuilt once more and i havent seen this error since.

we built a custom slider/rotator widget with ability to select category names for filtering news items into the various sliders/rotators. i have 3 of them on our home page and they all work again just as before. seems a bit random that you've seemingly already done what i've described and your problem comes back each time. just make sure you really are using the references to the latest build they provided in the emptyproject/bin folder and good luck!
  • I just got this error after a *brand new install* from 4.1.

"Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information."

<shakes head>

• I am still getting this, everytime i make a change to a widget in my project, even if i am just changing some HTML, as soon as refresh,bang so have just accepted at the moment to get my project done i have to do a lot of copying of DLLs :)
  • Hello,

I also have this error even by changing all the dlls.

This issue is blocking us in the upgrade process.

Regards,
    Julien
  • Update,

This issue for me is reoccurring as well, but randomly and oddly.

For instance, if I rebuild my entire application in VS2010 and hit refresh, SOMETIMES I'll get this error.  However, if I then simply rebuild the application again (without copying any DLLs or updating references, just a rebuild) and then hit refresh, all is well.

Luckily in my case, I can just kick off a rebuild and I'm fine until the next rebuild (maybe)

Does Telerik have any response to this thread?  Is this a known issue?

- William
  • Even more of an update.

I can easily reproduce this:

1.  Rebuild the project
    2.  Refresh Dashboard Page (or any page)
    - Result : Error above
    3.  Rebuild the project again
    4.  Refresh Dashboard Page
    - Result: Fine

Rinse and repeat.  So it does it every other time like clockwork.

Does not happen if I just build my main project, only happens when my rebuild includes my custom controls project, which it sounds like is the case with you as well.  The odd thing is that a second rebuild of all fixes it.

Anyway, just wanted to share more info.

- William
  • One last update.

The oddness continues.  Based on my last update, I tried a test where I rebuilt twice.  In other words, I did a solution rebuild and then immediately afterwards, without refreshing, I did a second one.  Upon refresh, I did not run into the problem.

So:
    Case 1:
    - Rebuild Solution
    - Refresh
    = Error

Case 2:
    - Rebuild Solution
    - Rebuild Solution Again
    - Refresh
    = No Error

What's even stranger.  If I rebuilt THREE Times, I get the error.  Four?  No error.

- William
  • We are having same issue as everyone else.
  • @All in this thread

This hasn't worked for everyone, but it seems that copying the contentes from your installations _EmptyProject folder.  Note, that if you have newer versions of the Telerik Controls or OpenAccess ORM in the BIN, you need to refresh those to the version you are using.

I was having this issue randomly, annoyingly, unreasonably, often, but doing this seemed to rectify it.  Unfortunately, it's not the only issue with 4.1

Thanks, Greg