Sitefinity Sitemap Generator Released! - General Discussions - General Discussions - Progress Community
 General Discussions

Sitefinity Sitemap Generator Released!

• Sitefinity Sitemap Generator Released!
  • Hello everybody,

We're pleased to announce the release of a free component for Sitefinity: Sitefinity Sitemap Generator.
    Having faced the need for an automatic SEO sitemap generator ourselves, we have implemented it in the best-possible fashion and are distributing it for free.

It comes with a lot of features, probably the best is the prioritization of pages depending on the controls a page contains: pages with dynamic controls like NewsView receive a higher priority and change frequency, which in turn makes the sitemap a more accurate reflection, boosting your SEO index/efficiency.

Here's a full feature list.
    • Dynamic prioritization of pages: pages containing dynamic (e.g. NewsView) widgets are marked with a higher priority and change frequency.
    • Optional inclusion of non-indexed & non-crawlable pages.
    • Permissions-based sitemap generation: Front-end pages that are denied to anonymous users are excluded from the sitemap.
    • Automatic Robots.txt creation and registration.
    • High performance and low latency. Served over a Routehandler.
    • Automatic installation & easy deployment: just copy the dlls inside the /bin folder. Done.
    • Fully configurable.

You can get it here. Download Sitemap Generator for Sitefinity 4

Best regards,

The Enterprisefinity team
  • Hello,

Congratulations on launching this component.
    We are glad to see it live and also glad to see your web site live. 

Keep up the good work!

All the best,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • I'm getting an error when including the .dll files in my bin directory:

Unsupported language "en-US". If you want to support this language, please configure your application accordingly.

What's wrong?

I'm using 5 languages inside my project, where the default is english.

Regards,
    Daniel
  • Hey Daniel,

We have tested the generator with unsynchronized and synchronized translations with a random amount of locales and didn't encounter any errors.
    It seems that your site has a configuration we didn't test for and/or some unpredicted behavior in Sitefinity's Pages API for multilingual pages.

Let's continue the discussion over at support@enterprisefinity.com. Can you send us the error log? Alternatively, we could examine your site locally, if sharing the database is an option for you.

Once a fix is available we'll publish that in the next version.

All the best,

P.S. We're currently planning to implement proper multi-language sitemaps that avoid redundancy and include pages that are not available in the default language. This will improve the accuracy for multilingual sites.
  • We are also getting an error... We have a custom control that works as our breadcrumb and for some reason it errors off trying to find the control.  Thanks in advance, Ron

System.ArgumentException: Type "~/Controls/ucPageHeading.ascx" cannot be resolved.

Generated: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 16:17:11 GMT

System.ArgumentException: Type "~/Controls/ucPageHeading.ascx" cannot be resolved.
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
       at EF.SitemapGenerator.SitemapGenerator.<>c__DisplayClassd.<PageNodeContainsDynamicControls>b__b(Type k)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
       at EF.SitemapGenerator.SitemapGenerator.<PageNodeContainsDynamicControls>b__a(PageControl c)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
       at EF.SitemapGenerator.SitemapGenerator.PageNodeContainsDynamicControls(PageNode p)
       at EF.SitemapGenerator.SitemapGenerator.<GenerateSitemapXml>b__4(PageNode p)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
       at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.AddContentSkipNotify(Object content)
       at EF.SitemapGenerator.SitemapGenerator.GenerateSitemapXml()
       at EF.SitemapGenerator.Routing.SitemapRouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext)
       at System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context)
       at System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
  • Hello everybody,

We're pleased to announce the availability of a new version.

We resolved the bug posted by Ron and introduced the following features:
    • Improved multilingual support
    • Improved performance
    • Introduced support for 4.2
    You can get the new version here.

Best regards,

• Excellent Work!  The new version is working. Thanks again. Keep up the good work.
  • Hi, I went to the generator page and it says it supports

• 4.2 SP1

But what about 4.1? I read through the thread at one point 4.2 just became available. Is there a way I can get this for 4.1? Was it available for 4.1 ever?

Thanks
  • Hey everybody,

I'm using SF4.4 and Version 1.4 of the Generator. My Problem is that i copied the two ddls into the bin folder of my WebApp, but there's no menu entry "Administration > Sitemap Generator" in the backend.

Do I have to do more than just to copy these two files? I already tried to reference them in the Project with the same result.
  • You may have already figured this out... but Restart your site (in IIS restart the Site).
  • What is the actual URL of the generated sitemap I can use to submit to search engines like Google? I tried www.mydomain.com/sitemap.axd (what I used to use when using Newtonsoft sitemap generator) and that failed. 
  • nevermind... I figured it out. :)
  • Could you generate for 5.0 2860?

Regads
  • Could you generate for 5.0 2860?

Regads