4.4 rendering extra br tags under content blocks - General Discussions - General Discussions - Progress Community
 General Discussions

4.4 rendering extra br tags under content blocks

• 4.4 rendering extra br tags under content blocks
  • Hi guys,

I've notices that after upgrading to 4.4, all my content blocks now have a br tag appended when rendered.

It's breaking our layouts.

Not sure how to solve this one.

Stephen
  • Hello Everybody,
    We see also a br tag at the end of each content block. Layout is completely messed up.
    Any help appreciated.
    Mathias

• 322971_extra-br.png
    Same here. Shure would appreciate a quick Hotfix on this.
    Markus
  • Hi,

Count us in. We have a website being launched tomorrow morning which has just been stuff by the extra br inserted by the Content Block.

We have reported this to Telerik as a bug using our partner support.

If we get any news of a fix I will update this thread.

Seth
  • Hi Guys,

• @Sean
    Thanks a lot for looking into it
    @Telerik
    Any chance this is a bug, you will fix it and have a new .dll to be downloaded. I don't really want to start using templates to fix stuff.

Markus
  • @Telerik:
    I'd also like to know if there are plans to fix this behaviour with an update ?

Mathias

• Hi,

The issue will be fixed in our upcoming release.

For now the only solution is to map a template for the content block.

Regards,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • @Victor

Upcomming release as in 4.4 SP1 Janaury or 5.0?

So simply everbody using 4.4 is forced to this workaround?

Markus
  • My temp fix was to add this style to the page: but it could mess up other styles you may have

.sfContentBlock
    margin-bottom: -1em;
  • An immediate hot-fix/upgrade for this problem would be most helpful! Our site needs to go live in a week and this is making it look bad. Please release it!
  • @ Sean : Thanks for your solution but apparently it doesn't work for a content block inside a page template...
  • Hey guys,

I've also added this ViewMap to the settings:

HostType:
    Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.Web.UI.ContentBlockBase

LayoutTemplatePath:
    .. to your template...

This will then fix the <br /> issue on templates as well.

Regars,
    Daniel

• Hi guys,

Our next release is scheduled for February. @Sean's workaround is the best thing that can be done at this point, and as @Daniel properly pointed out, you need to map the template through ViewMap to change the behavior of all content blocks in your projects. Another workaround would be to remove the br tag with a simple jquery declaration:
    $("div.sfContentBlock > br").remove();

Greetings,
    Jen Peleva
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items