Forms Notification E-mail - Field Order - General Discussions - General Discussions - Progress Community
 General Discussions

Forms Notification E-mail - Field Order

• Forms Notification E-mail - Field Order
  • I use George's sitefinity forms notification (www.gsaadeh.com/.../Forms_Module_Notification_1_2.aspx) and when the e-mail gets sent, it seems to put the fields in whatever order it wants to. 

Does anyone know of a way I can control the order the fields are put in on the the e-mail it creates?
  • still looking for anyone familiar with this issue.  let me know.
  • bump.  would love to know if anyone has ever used the forms notification mod and how they dealt with this issue.
  • In the FormsControlCustom.cs file there is a submit_Click event that loops over the FieldControls. therefore if you want to change the order you can do so in there. You will need to adapt to your needs.
  • I have been using Forms Notification, and find it great with the exception of the field order issue...

Sitefinity technical support lead me to this discussion (see link below) which I found very helpful in getting my Forms Notification email ordered in a satisfactory way.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/general-discussions/dynamically-displaying-form-responses-with-field-titles.aspx

It is the only way I have found to date that allows me to control the order of the fields on the email.