OpenAccessMembership37Provider parameters values reset after iisreset - General Discussions - General Discussions - Progress Community

OpenAccessMembership37Provider parameters values reset after iisreset

General Discussions

OpenAccessMembership37Provider parameters values reset after iisreset

• OpenAccessMembership37Provider parameters values reset after iisreset
  • Hi,

Using 6.2.

In Administration | Settings | Advanced | Security | Membership Providers | OpenAccessMembership37Provider, I changed the following parameters:
    enablePasswordReset to true
    recoveryMainAddress to some email address

The values are saved correctly. But after an iisreset, all values are back to default. What's up with this?

Thanks,
    Michael
  • Hello,

I have followed these steps on my end and I was not able to reproduce the problem. I have recorded a video demonstration which shows the behavior that I was observing.

Regards,
    Anjeza Llapi
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • Hi Anjeza,

Thanks for the video. I can confirm that if I do what you did (logout/login), then yes, the settings will remain. I believe you missed the iisreset step. I just tried again, and a simple iisreset will bring those two settings back to their default values.

Thanks,
    Michael
  • The solution is to make your adjustments in the MigrationModuleConfig.config and your settings wil remain. 

Kind regards, Chris