How to install the examples? - Front- & Back-End Development - Front- & Back-End Development - Progress Community
 Front- & Back-End Development

How to install the examples?

• How to install the examples?
  • What's the process for installing the sample projects? Some of them have mixed ascx and cs files. And I don't see an "install extensions" option in the admin interface. Is it in the documentation somewhere?
  • Did you download and run the sitefinity MSI installer?  The samples, extensions, etc should all be available there.
  • Yes, but I can't find a section of the help documentation which explains how to take a custom extension (like the included jobs module) and install it into a just-created project. Just copy the dll file? What about the ASCX files?
  • Hi Eric,

I believe that you should download the SDK released with Sitefinity 4.0 which has a sample products module with documentation for it.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  • Just copy over the assembly and register it inside of the Settings area in the admin backend :)

The ascx files in the assembly project get embedded into the dll as resources.  I haven't actually needed to map them externally yet, but I imagine that's doable still as well.