Hide date and author in blog - Front- & Back-End Development - Front- & Back-End Development - Progress Community
 Front- & Back-End Development

Hide date and author in blog

• Hide date and author in blog
  • Hi,

I am new to Sitefinity but I've used other CMS before. Can someone give me a a step-by-step on how I would hide the author and dates on blog posts? (On the blog list and on the actual blog posts)

• Hello Nam,

For your convenience I have decided to record a video (video).

In general you have an access to List / Detail templates and you can modify them as you need. Also in any moment you can restore the default one.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Vassil Vassilev
    Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

• That was very useful. It did the trick. Thank you very much. I am getting more confident about the Sitefinity CMS.

• Hello,

I have the blog author hidden but when it prints, the author shows up. How do I turn this off?

Thank you,

Tess

• 4b9b541e-37c1-6deb-a958-ff0000446526_the-risky-business-of-concentrated-equity.jpg

Thanks Vassil for the reply! Here is the live blog post. The author does not show: www.badgley.com/.../the-risky-business-of-concentrated-equity

Attached is an image of what it looks like when you print the webpage on paper. The author shows like this:

"The risky business of concentrated equity

by Chris Rios | Jul 13, 2016"

This company targets older people who like to print off the blog posts and read them on paper. I know that is silly but that is what they do. We do not want the author to show when they print the web page.

Thank you!

• Hi Tess. I don't get you point. What you mean when it prints? Can you please provide more information or screenshots
  • The problem is that you hide author block through CSS in badgley-desktop.css line 382

And this css have  media="only screen" that means when user will try to print it, it will not work. That the reason why your printed page looks terrible.

You can find more information here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_mediaqueries.asp

You have two solutions. 

1) Use for this css media =only screen and print

2) Or create separate css with media="only print" for printers

• Great! Thank you very much.