Custom BlobStorageProvider - Front- & Back-End Development - Front- & Back-End Development - Progress Community
 Front- & Back-End Development

Custom BlobStorageProvider

• Custom BlobStorageProvider
  • I'm trying to replace the OpenAccessBlobStorageProvider with a custom implementation in Sitefinity 6.3.5, where the site is already in production and a whole bunch of media content was added using the default (Database) provider. But I'm having trouble understanding where the provider is used. I would expect it to be used by the Sitefinity HttpHandler or Module to retrieve media content from the database, but when I replace the default with my custom implementation, it doesn't even get instantiated. How is Sitefinity retrieving the content from the database if not by using the provider?

• Hello Mark,

You can find the currently used provider in Administration > Settings > Advanced > Libraries > Blob storage > Blob storage providers > Database (screenshot). There you can change it with your own implementation.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Vassil Vassilev
    Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items