Version history not loading in backend after clearing some of them through api - Front- & Back-End Development - Front- & Back-End Development - Progress Community
 Front- & Back-End Development

Version history not loading in backend after clearing some of them through api

• Version history not loading in backend after clearing some of them through api
  • Hi All,

I am working with sitefinity 9.2.I am using sitefinity api to remove old version history associated to my dynamic module. But after clearing some history by running the api, I noticed that the history is not loading. I have found a console error as shown below.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Versioning.Model.Change ('sf_version_chnges') GenericOID@c758e83c Change id=8f67af2c-5814-6fe3-ae8a-ff0300fcd525 NOTRES)

Sharing the code I am using. Can somebody faced this before. Please help me to solve this.

public bool DeleteAllButASpecificNumberOfRevisionHistories(string moduleType, int revisionsToRemain)

var currentUICulture = System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture;

Type dynamicType = TypeResolutionService.ResolveType(Constants.DynamicModuleCommon.ModuleTypeBase + moduleType);

foreach (var language in languages)

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = language;

var dynamicItems = DynamicModuleManager.GetDataItems(dynamicType).Where
                            (item => item.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Master).OrderByDescending(item => item.PublicationDate);

var versionManager = VersionManager.GetManager();
                        foreach (var item in dynamicItems)

// Get the version manager

// Get the changes for the news item
                            var changes = versionManager.GetItemVersionHistory(item.Id);

// Order the changes by version number and Skip by the
                            // amount you wish to remain in the Version History
                            var changeToRemove = changes
                                .OrderByDescending(c => c.Version)
                                .Skip(revisionsToRemain)
                                .FirstOrDefault();

// Check if a change is found that satisfies the filtering conditions
                            if (changeToRemove != null)

// Delete all changes with version number smaller or equal to the specified number
                                versionManager.TruncateVersions(item.Id, changeToRemove.Version);

if (DynamicModuleManager.HasChildItems(item))

var childversionManager = VersionManager.GetManager();
                                var dynamicChildItems = DynamicModuleManager.GetChildItemsHierarchy(item).Where(citem => citem.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Master);

foreach (var child in dynamicChildItems)

var transaction = child.GetType().FullName.Replace(Constants.DynamicModuleCommon.ModuleTypeBase, "");

var childChanges = childversionManager.GetItemVersionHistory(child.Id);
                                    // Order the changes by version number and Skip by the
                                    // amount you wish to remain in the Version History
                                    var childChangeToRemove = childChanges
                                        .OrderByDescending(c => c.Version)
                                        .Skip(revisionsToRemain)
                                        .FirstOrDefault();

// Check if a change is found that satisfies the filtering conditions
                                    if (childChangeToRemove != null)

// Delete all changes with version number smaller or equal to the specified number
                                        childversionManager.TruncateVersions(child.Id, childChangeToRemove.Version);
                                        // Save the changes not inside loop
                                        //versionManager.SaveChanges();

childversionManager.SaveChanges();

versionManager.SaveChanges();

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = currentUICulture;

Regards

Ajai