Personalization on Widget Level
When editing a page or page template users can personalize on a widget level without having to create a new personalized version of the page or page template. This speeds the creation of personalized areas and eases the management of changes over time.
Personalizing widgets in page templates empowers users to reuse personalized blocks across numerous pages. Personalization support will be offered for the following widgets: Content block, Image, and Custom widgets.
Personalization by Multiple Segments
When a user in multiple segments loads a page, she sees all widgets personalized for those segments, and not only the widgets personalized for the highest priority segment, as it is now. In the backend, users previewing personalized pages can filter by more than one segments to see how the page will display to users in multiple segments.
Forms MVC Support
Users can create forms that leverage the look and feel of an MVC website. Developers have full control over the markup of all form elements and caneasily customize and develop new custom forms widgets following Feather conventions.
The following features are included:
(Note: NuGet packages are available on http://nuget.sitefinity.com. The packages are beta version with number 8.2.5870.0, so you need to switch to "PreRelease" version of NuGet Package Manager)
Deployment to Azure Web Apps
Admins can easily deploy Sitefinity projects to Azure Web Apps using Visual Studio or PowerShell scripts. Redis is used for NLB communication.
Data Base Schema Changes Log
Updates to the database schema done during upgrades are logged in the UpgradeTrace.log. This adds visibility into the upgrade process, and provides detailed info, which can be used for troubleshooting.
Eased Upgrades in NLB
Admins upgrading a website in NLB can use a new setting which will allow them to upgrade one of the instances and its database model, while the other instances continue to run without throwing an exception.
Performance Optimization Page
In the Backend, a new page provides an overview of common settings that affect website performance. Administrators can use it to view the current state of these settings and the overall degree to which the website has been optimized.
By using SSL offloading, Administrators can transfer the processing of SSL encryption and decryption from the webserver(s) to the load balancer or other device. It is useful when you have many HTTPS requests.
AuditTrail/Search - Elastic
1) Would be great in the personalization console to have inline editing disabled by default
2) Created a new site, new page, based it on a feather template (havent even opened visual studio btw). Added a new segment to my IP, content block to the page, personalized the widget to that segment.
- Personalization console doesn't show me the segment change, just previews as if I was the default user.
- Publish->View live throws the below error (video too: screencast.com/.../bfxbGuRUuun)
Server Error in '/' Application.
ScriptManager object is not set to a reference.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: ScriptManager object is not set to a reference.
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
[HttpException (0x80004005): ScriptManager object is not set to a reference.] Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.ConfigureScriptManager(Page page, ScriptRef scripts, Boolean throwException) +625 Telerik.Sitefinity.Personalization.Impl.PersonalizedViewWrapper.AddClientSideRenderingScripts() +431 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +115 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +55 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +204 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3789
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:188.8.131.52
- The default "Body" is too thin, it's thinner than a container which is IN the toolbox (weirdly...can't see the benefit of that being there)
- If I'm using bootstrap, I expect the backend forms editor to load the bootstrap styles at the very least, not fugly defaults (attached)...subsequently "Preview" is pointless. I thought the backend layouts would allow us to do more like what we see on the Bootstrap forms page, like inline forms and such. I see your "hack" here to just rename the regular sitefinity 50-50 widget to be "grid-6+6" :p Why can't we edit in our native framework of choice here? I can't put a bootstrap class on something and have it do anything. I understand what's happening...it takes the data elements and "transforms" the ghetto editor into your framework, but I thought this was supposed to be updated.
- Does it NEED to render comments? <!-- InputCssClass class variable -->
- Empty <p class="text-muted"></p> is rendered out on the widgets,since it's wrapped in a <p> it occupies space and there's no class there to even denote it's empty so we could manually style it out (please just kill from the server)
- Captcha implimention is not good! When you click submit without entering it, it responds with "Entry is not valid!" and wipes the form clean, instead of keeping the form visible and just erroring out. Can we somehow make this pluggable so we can use google recaptcha instead? ...why reinvent the wheel, when the free wheel is industry standard (and looks awesome)
- I had a textfield widget on there (with captcha), entered WAYYYY too much text into it, with a valid captcha the form returns Exception occured while executing the controller. Check error logs for details.
- See attached, I think you have this in reverse...debug mode SHOULD be off, it being off shouldn't be a warning.
- The "Releated Data" note of "Related data can affect the performance of your site
The use of related data can slow your website, because related data generates additional requests to the database. For each related item, Sitefinity creates a database request. For example, a list of 20 items where each item has two related items would generate 40 additional requests to the database." ...what seriously? This should be your issue to solve and optomize, true releated data is supposed to be a feature not a "stay away" thing.
- The profiler throws an n+1 on a blank project, blank bootstrap page with native forms widget on it begin update
[voa_keygen] set [last_used_id] = 0 + [last_used_id] where [table_name]
LIKE '#guid#%' ; select [table_name], [last_used_id] from [voa_keygen]
where [table_name] LIKE '#guid#%' order by [table_name] ; end ;
In fact in ONE second I have 52 SQL queries for a simple form with 2 inputs, a checkbox, and a captcha?
Okay well if you go to the backend advanced settings I think like Pages->ScriptManager it should list all the scripts and where they come from.
I've attached the file to this reply (rename to just .zip, remove the .png, just to hack around the radupload extension restrictions)
So you should see fancybox in that list, open the node and it should be like Telerik.Sitefiniy.Resources.Scripts.fancybox.js (or something)
Put the new file somewhere in your project and set its Build Action to be EmbeddedResource, and build.
Now open JustDecompile and find that file in your SitefinityWebApp, get the path and put that into the backend advanced settings instead. Might have to restart the app pool, but if done correctly that should be all there is to it.
Well it will not let me download the attachment. It only opens it up. I can surely find this file online somewhere. I did see where the file is located in Advanced Settings, Pages - Script Manager - Script References - JQueryFancyBox
I will try your workaround and see what happens. Thanks for the information!
Right, so if you drop the file in your root and set it to embedded, then it would be
(Assembly to SitefinityWebApp)
The problem is with the version of jQuery SF uses with the very old fancybox version. The fix is to use fancybox-1.3.8.min.js, worked fine and resolved the issue for the 2 users of my widgets that had this issue.
I see you also posted in my feedback portal issue...and I also see that telerik included fancybox 2.1.5 now with 8.2... which I can't guarantee will fix anything (which sounds like it doesnt).
Even stranger is that fancybox v2 requires a LICENSE to use, so what did telerik go buy a license for it now?