List Deparments programatically - Ecommerce - Ecommerce - Progress Community

List Deparments programatically

Ecommerce

List Deparments programatically

• List Deparments programatically
  • I need to build my own navigation widget for the Departments of a store.

But I can't find any documentation on how to grab and list Departments. Only to simple crud operations. I suppose this is done the same way as other taxons, but I can't find any examples of that as well.

Anyone?

OC
  • You can use the TaxonomyManager to get all of the Departments.

Something like:

var departmentsTaxonomy = TaxonomyManager.GetManager().GetTaxonomy(TaxonomyManager.DepartmentsTaxonomyId);

Will get you the departments taxonomy. After that you can access each Department by iterating over the "Taxa" property of "departmentsTaxonomy".

Regards,
    Thomas
  • Thanks Thomas,

I ended up using this code, witch works great:
        TaxonomyManager tm = TaxonomyManager.GetManager();
        var depatments = tm.GetTaxonomies<HierarchicalTaxonomy>().Where(t => t.Name == "Departments").SingleOrDefault();

var subGroup = depatments.Taxa.Where(t => t.Title == itm.ToolTip).SingleOrDefault();

if(subGroup!= null)
                foreach (HierarchicalTaxon t in subGroup.Taxonomy.Taxa.Where(a => a.Parent == subGroup))

RadMenuItem newItm = new RadMenuItem(t.Title);
                    newItm.CssClass = itm.ToolTip + "MenuItem";
                    itm.Items.Add(newItm);

BUT: How can I get the subgroup Taxas sorted?

Thanks for any input!

OC
  • Hi Ole,

You can cast your first result to HierarchicalTaxon and then simply use the Subtaxa property of HierarchicalTaxon and use the OrderBy method of LINQ:

var subGroup = depatments.Taxa.Where(t => t.Title == "Title").SingleOrDefault() as HierarchicalTaxon;
    foreach (HierarchicalTaxon t in subGroup.Subtaxa.OrderBy(t => t.Title))

Greetings,
    Lubomir Velkov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items