CartOrder or Order? - Ecommerce - Ecommerce - Progress Community
 Ecommerce

CartOrder or Order?

• CartOrder or Order?
  • Hi,

I'm just looking at creating orders through code with a view of adding product to a basket (or shopping cart) then checking out to complete the order.

I'm just wondering which data structure to use to effectively create this functionality? What is the difference, should I be creating a CartOrder for the shopping cart stage, then an Order once checking out??

Can anyone give me the pros and cons of using either of the two?

Thanks,

Brett.

• Hello,

Orders are created form CartOrder, refer to this this documentation samples as reference. The general idea is there is a shopping cart which gets populated with products and forms CartOrder which is saved in the DB. The CartOrder is used to create Order upon checkout.

For a complete sample of generating an order from CartOrder refer to this sample repository where Sitefinity team have supplied a widget called one page checkout.

Regards,
    Stanislav Velikov
    Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items