error: Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap". - Bugs & Issues - Bugs & Issues - Progress Community

error: Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap".

 Bugs & Issues

error: Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap".

  • error: Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap".
  • Hi, i was migrated the sitefinity project to the web server, and i show the error 
    'Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap".'

    i modified the configuration files and i solved it, but when linked the data base with the project and the aplication is breaking down. Any suggestion?

  • Hello Jose,

    You could get this error if the project name has been changed - the name of the project is not the same as this one used when the project was installed

    You could check  App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ProjectConfig.config file and projectName attribute. By default the attribute is not added to the config file. It is added after project installation The project name is used as an identifier by us.

    In some case the error could appear if the connection to the database is lost. Would you check the connection to the database in the DataConfig.config file?



    Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • I have a very similar problem. I've inherited some project files. I get this same error. How, specifically, can I resolve this issue?

    Thanks.
  • Hello Lorne,

    The reasons for the issue are

    1. project name has been changed - project name is used as an identifier and it is not possible to change it on a  later stage.
    2. database connection

    Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  • Hi Ivan,

    I am encountering the same issue.

    1) The project name has not changed, well was certainly not changed by us. Is there anything in the deployment process that could cause it to change?
    2) I checked, rechecked and checked again and the database connection is correct.

    One odd thing to note is that is that if I change our local dev to the connection string from the production database we get the same error in our development environment.

    Is it possible that database transfer was somehow incomplete? Is there anything at all that we could be missing?

    Thanks,

    Jason
  • Hello Jason,

    Please compare the database size of the migrated and local database. Also check whether there are not changes to the App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration.

    These files -  config files are closely related to the database.

    Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  • Hi Team,

    I am encountering the same issue. Everything is working properly on my local machine but not on the production server. I have copied the configuration files from my local machine and updated the connection string. The site was working properly on the production server before i upgraded to SP1

    View site here

    Any insight ?
  • Hi George ,

    Please check whether there are not changes to the name of the database tables. Also the websites produces different errors related to the problem with the dlls - "Could not load file or assembly"

    Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  • Hi Ivan,

    I was updating the dll references while you checked the website. if you check it again now you can see the error. I have upgraded the project on my local machine then i took the database and restored it on the production server. So basically i have the same files / db and it's working locally.
  • Seriously this is ridiculous ! What on earth is the cause for such an ambiguous error...

    Can you please help ... I need to fix this urgently !
  • Hi Ivan,

    This was literally xcopy / deploy from our development to production and everything in the App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder except for the connection string in DataConfig.config is exactly the same between the two environments.

    The database on the dev server has already changed as development proceeds still so these are different sizes. We had encountered errors trying to publish the database and had to use scripts for all tables EXCEPT sf_chunks which we had to use DTS Wizard to transfer into the production database. The database on production looks functionally complete. Is there a database table / field or some place where I check on some magical value that can correct this issue we are having.

    Client press release announcing the website is now merely 2 hour away and I can't get this thing to work.

    Thanks,

    Jason
  • Ivan,

    Can you help us out !
  • We're also running into this issue - our local sites work, but when the code is copied to the dev server we get this error.  All files are identical (including \app_data\sitefinity\configuration), so the database connection is the same as well of course.

    Thanks, Dan
  • I just copied the entire app_data folder out to the dev server again, and it resolved the issue.  Seems to be something in the app_data folder other than the configuration files.

    Thanks, DanO