Error during installation. - Bugs & Issues - Bugs & Issues - Progress Community
 Bugs & Issues

Error during installation.

• Error during installation.
  • I am attempting to install the sitefinity evaluation license on Windows 2003 SBE and am recieving a very non descript error: 

Chainer has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The installer then equests that I attempt the installation again with logging. I did this, but the file is beyond the upload limit here, so if it will help I can send it through email. When I look in the windows application event log I see the following:

EventType clr20r3, P1 msi41.tmp, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 4d6e6d10, P4 chainer, P5 1.0.0.0, P6 4d6e6d10, P7 348, P8 17, P9 iccxrsp2bu5i0tewyqer3dwakgwpccxq, P10 NIL.

I am just attempting to evaluate the product for a customer and provided I can get over this installation hurdle, he will be purchasing it.

Thanks for your help
  • Hi Wesley,

Can you try to make a custom installation and exclude the RadControls and Silverlight controls from the installation.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  • Thanks for the reply. That at least allowed me to install the application, but I haven't yet had a chance to test the installation. If we intend to use the Ajax RadControls in our development, how will this work since we have not installed this component for Sitefinity?
  • Hello Wesley,

The Telerik.Web.UI dll is included in each project ( bin folder), so there would not a problem to use the RadControls in a custom implementations.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team