I'm facing a strange behavior in Sitefinity version 10.0.6400.0. I 've lost the content we have populated in our custom modules.
I've two language allowed in my website
Language Support: English and Arabic
Whenever i update any content item whose any tranlsation (EN) is in locked state and I update other translation (AR) and published then (AR) translation updated successfully and content modified and perfectly shown at the frontend website and in the backend listing.
However, if I published the locked content item (EN) translation, it also modified the (AR) translation as well
Below are the steps to reproduced the issue.
1. Create a custom sitefinity
module with a single field Title
2. Create a new content item for English
culture and publish it.
3. Open the English content item
for modification, stay in edit mode, didn’t perform any modification and click
the “AR” translation link to create the Arabic translation.
4. Provide the Title for “AR”
content item, publish the content. “AR” translation created.
5. Now move back to “EN”
translation of the same item, it was in Locked state. Now open
the item and
publish it. Now again open “AR” translation of the same item, you will notice
that it modified.
6. Update the “AR” content and
7. Now again open the “ER” item for
edit, without performing ant update, clicks the “AR” translation link, update
the “AR” translation and publish.
8. “EN” translation is in Locked
state, open the “EN” item and publish it.
9. Now again open the “AR” translation, you
noticed that “AR” item also modified to version performed in step-6
Please suggest to resolve the issue because it seems that this is the sitefinity
bug and I reproduced the same issue with Built-in modules like “News” as well.