Login problems when upgrading from 1.0 to - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Login problems when upgrading from 1.0 to


Login problems when upgrading from 1.0 to

  • On my development machine im testing the upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0.3 (with mysql). After following the upgrade steps, the login page returns:

    "Error: Invalid User Name or Password. Please try again. If you have forgotten your password, please use "Forgot password" link to reset it."

    I have seen that the database.xml file has been changed. What does the parameter $BEGIN_COMMENT_OTHER$ mean? Which steps do we need to take to successfully migrate to 2.0.3?

  • Could you tell me what steps did you follow to upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0? i.e. uncompressed what files and ran what SQL scripts.

    You also mention the database.xml change. Does it still contain your actual database connection?

  • Hi Bakar,

    We know about this issue, currently we are working on it. Mean while please try this work around.

    The new installation will overwrite the databases.xml file.

    $BEGIN_COMMENT_OTHER$ means un-comment the database which you are using and comment the all the others in databases.xml.

    And also please provide the database(MySQL) password that should be updated in databases.xml.

    Thanks & Regards,

    Kiran Avs.

  • Hi lpoulain, Kangara,

    The connection string is the same for mysql.  The URL parameter has also been changed:

    situation 1.0:


    And now we have:


    @lpoulain: I have followed the default steps and executed the SQL upgrade scripts.  

    Any other idea's?

  • The JDBC string format is correct.

    As far the the default steps I don't need to know everything in excruciating detail, but what files did you uncompress, what SQL script(s) did you run, and if you deleted the expanded directories from the Rollbase .war files in Tomcat's webapps directory.

  • I have executed the 2.0 and the 2.0.3 sql scripts and i have deleted the webapps/master, prod1, rest, router, rss, search, storage, webapi and workflow directories. I have also deleted the Tomcats JSP cache. More idea's?

  • Do you have any updates regarding this Topic?

  • I checked on my end and got the confirmation that the authentication scheme was not changed (I was also able to migrate from 1.0 to without any hitch on my own Private Cloud instance). Now, you mention that databases.xml was changed. Did you uncompress rollbase.zip in your Rollbase directory, thus overwriting the config/databases.xml file? If so, did you make sure that you updated the <database> elements to put back your database login information?

  • Hi,

    I noticed that the file has been changed (see example above with the parameter $BEGIN_COMMENT_OTHER$ ) but I've not overwriten the databases.xml file. i have tested with the old database.xml and changed also the newest file.  Neither of them work. What about See reply of Kangara above: "We know about this issue, currently we are working on it."

  • Kangara mentions a workaround, which should be equivalent to using any fix.

    But if databases.xml contains the right connection to the database, let's investigate another way: could you have a look at the Tomcat log file? (like catalina.out) Look for any error message at the time of a failed login.

  • On, i got this message:

    No suitable driver found for jdbc:rollbase:mysql://localhost:3306;DatabaseName=RB_DBO.

    I have put the 1.0 files back (deleted the webapps/master, prod1, rest, router, rss, search, storage, webapi and workflow directories, tomcats JSP cache and putting the lib en war files on the right place without touching the databases.xml. After these steps i can login. It looks like that it is related to the binaries of

  • OK, so it looks like it's a JDBC issue. The message makes me think the JDBC drivers shipped with Rollbase 2.0 do not like the JDBC URL in your databases.xml (FYI, mine is jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/RB_DBO)

  • -:) I have changed the string. Now it works. Thanks!