Update field using API does not maintain audit trail - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Update field using API does not maintain audit trail

Forum

Update field using API does not maintain audit trail

• Update some fields using rbf_setField(...) does not maintain the audit trail of the relevant object - it does not add an entry to the audit trail for the change made and the record's Updated At and Updated By fields do not get updated either. Have I got something misconfigured?
  • I verified - if field is changed using client-side API it does generate Audit Trail record (but only if field's value was actually changed). However API does not refresh the page so you may not see changes immediately.
  • Ok....so this prompted me to go and look again....which is what I should've done before. Turns out I was changing a text area field, which, of course, cannot be audited. Doh!

Sorry for the hassle.

I guess a followup question: is there a way to programatically (API) add an audit entry? A long shot I know but worth asking.
  • You can add Audit record by running trigger. And you can fire trigger either from client- or server-side API.
  • Yes, there is a special trigger type for inserting audit trail entries.