Update value for SETTINGS object field from trigger? - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Update value for SETTINGS object field from trigger?

Forum

Update value for SETTINGS object field from trigger?

This question is answered

Hi All,

Is it possible to update 'SETTINGS' object fields from a trigger or any scripts? I have a case where I need to update a 'SETTINGS' object field from a trigger. 

Thanks and Regards,
-Ithrees

Verified Answer
  • I tried with,

rbv_api.setFieldValue("$SETTINGS", {!#SETTINGS.id}, "setFld", "{!myFld#value}");

and It worked.

Thank you

Ithrees

• Yes Ithrees, this is supported in Rollbase.

Settings is basically a singleton object in Rollbase Tenant and hence, you can directly reference the record from any context ( Other ObjectDef's trigger, any formula field, script component of a page) as  {!#SETTINGS.id}.

You can also reference it and use in server-side API calls. Eg:

rbv_api.setFieldValue("$SETTINGS", {!#SETTINGS.id}, 'UserName', 'John'); // where UserName is a text field in Settings Object Definition

Note: Integration name of Settings Object is '$SETTINGS'.

Regards,
    Siraj.
All Replies
  • I tried with,

rbv_api.setFieldValue("$SETTINGS", {!#SETTINGS.id}, "setFld", "{!myFld#value}");

and It worked.

Thank you

Ithrees

• Yes Ithrees, this is supported in Rollbase.

Settings is basically a singleton object in Rollbase Tenant and hence, you can directly reference the record from any context ( Other ObjectDef's trigger, any formula field, script component of a page) as  {!#SETTINGS.id}.

You can also reference it and use in server-side API calls. Eg:

rbv_api.setFieldValue("$SETTINGS", {!#SETTINGS.id}, 'UserName', 'John'); // where UserName is a text field in Settings Object Definition

Note: Integration name of Settings Object is '$SETTINGS'.

Regards,
    Siraj.