System error: java.lang.NullPointerException - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

System error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Forum

System error: java.lang.NullPointerException

This question is answered

Hi all,

I'm facing a problem with the 'Design this page' option in the view page of a report.
When I try to edit the page of the report it shows me the following error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Is the 'Design this page' option not available for report pages?

Kind regards,

Lenn Smink

Verified Answer
  • This has been fixed for 4.4.

• Hi,

Its scheduled for 19th of Nov,2016.

Thanks,

Shivani.

All Replies
  • Hi Lenn,

Can you provide the following details so we could reproduce in our environment?

1. Which version of Rollbase is being used?

2. Steps followed to see this issue.

3. What type of report caused this issue.

I have tried the following and could not reproduce this issue.

1. Create a Custom report.

2. Edit it in the Object definition page(Design this page link will not be shown in this page.)

3. In the List View, add this report

4. Edit the report from this page. (Design this page link will not be shown in this page).

Thanks,

Shivani.

• Hi Shivani,

I'm using Rollbase version 4.2.2.0 private cloud.

The issue takes place in the development edition.

Steps:

1. Created new report (tabular) and putted it in an object.

2. Opened the report.

3. Clicked the Page options button

4. Design this page option is possible but shows the following error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Kind regards,

Lenn

• Hi Lenn,

I have deployed the 'Risk Management' application given by you for one of the case on 4.2.2 and I am able to open the 'Design this Page' without any issues.

Can you provide the application xml and the error screenshot with complete URL?

Thanks

Vasantha

• Hi Vasantha,

The Design this page option doesn't work for me in any application which is deployed in the Development edition. In the Risk Management app is a report named 'Risks of Project', if I open this report and try to open the Design this page option it will configure the same error. URL: http://qap360-t.qap360.nl/master/designer/pageEdit.jsp?view=main&pageId=2003&tabId=123560&reportId=124838 

Kind regards,

Lenn Smink

• Hi Lenn,

Can you please provide the AllErrors.log?

Thanks

Vasantha

• Hi Vasantha,

Below the log referred to the java.lang.NullPointerException. If you need more details please feel free to contact me.

[2016-11-07 10:25:01,181]

1_main

==========================================

[2016-11-07 10:25:01,181] 1: [SID=EE35C23315311A233A6DD1850B10709A88586ECE45C6.Pas_Instance] [Comp=main] [CustId=1] [IP=145.131.219.58] ===> Error in thread catalina-exec-219144 at 11/07/2016 10:25 AM [User: Lenn Smink]

[2016-11-07 10:25:01,181] java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.rb.core.ui.web.cell.PageableList.appendEditorJS(PageableList.java:3846)

at com.rb.core.ui.web.PageCell.toEditorJS(PageCell.java:326)

at com.rb.core.ui.web.PageSection.toEditorJS(PageSection.java:786)

at com.rb.core.ui.web.WebPage.toEditorJS(WebPage.java:1952)

at org.apache.jsp.designer.pageEdit_jsp._jspService(pageEdit_jsp.java:792)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at com.rb.util.web.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(NoCacheFilter.java:41)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at com.rb.core.logics.filter.SessionTimestampFilter.doFilter(SessionTimestampFilter.java:56)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

at com.rb.util.web.RequestLoggingFilter.doFilter(RequestLoggingFilter.java:37)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve.invoke(StuckThreadDetectionValve.java:193)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.CrawlerSessionManagerValve.invoke(CrawlerSessionManagerValve.java:180)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:314)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestFilterValve.process(RequestFilterValve.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve.invoke(RemoteAddrValve.java:83)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestFilterValve.process(RequestFilterValve.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteHostValve.invoke(RemoteHostValve.java:83)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1023)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

[2016-11-07 12:44:29,814]

• This has been fixed for 4.4.

• Hi Manooj,

When 4.4 will be release ?

• Hi,

Its scheduled for 19th of Nov,2016.

Thanks,

Shivani.