Hi, I am importing records via spreadsheet.
I added the Department, Function en Location fields to the spreadsheet but it seems that even with proper mapping the fields are not filled.
Anyone have an idea on this?
You can actually import text based values for the location!
The location (record name) field needs to be added to the primary key. You can do that by disallowing duplicate values in that field (which explains why it doesn't except non-unique textual values in the first place).
To do this open the object definition for 'Location' and edit the 'Location' field:
Then check the checkbox 'Do not allow duplicate values for this field':
When importing your agents (with the textual values of the locations/departments/functions), you now have the option to map your column Location to the (primary key field) Location in your Rollbase object:
Notice that now your record is imported *with* the location value filled!
What were the values that you gave for LDF in the spreadsheet?
LDF fields on your object are relationships and hence lookup fields that point to other records. You should be providing the ID of the L,D or F that you intend to assign to the record.
I created new D,L and F records that make sence to our organisation, and added the ID fields in the xlsx file.
When exporting manually created records that do obtain the DLF values the same values are exported as those that I used in the file. Also when importing I don't receive errors for those 3 fields, so I guess the get filled and then reset or not filled at all...
I have tried the same case and during my trials I found that giving wrong IDs (Location ids for Department or vice versa) does make it seem like the LDF values are not been filled/set. Can you double check if the IDs for LDF are been given correctly in the xls file?
If you are still unable to use it, please share a sample app and xls file with sample data which reproduces this case.
I will try as soon as possible. Progress provided me with a faulty license key, so when I try do do something it returns an error about the expired license :S
No that did not help. The values in the Excel file are correct.
It also seems that records created via a portal do not obtain the logon user LDF credentials.
Please share a sample app + excel data that highlights the issue.
Can you see the upload that I added to the Progress Support Case 00369178?
I have the app and the excel data file, but the app still has a missing dependency.
Object "Bestemming" must be installed as prerequisite before you can install this application.
Could you mark that object as a core object and upload another version of the app?
Also, I see the excel file has textual values for LDF columns. Did you happen to use the ID values for the equivalent entries and do an import?
Can you elaborate? If you mean that the textual values are the same as the record ID then yes
ID values are not textual values (like i.e. "Chicago, Illinois"). If you open the 'Organization Management' app in Rollbase and add the column 'ID' to the 'Location' view (list of all the available locations), you'll see the actual ID of the record.
So in my case for example, for location EMEA Headquarters I see the ID value 2541.
That ID (2541) is the value you'll need to place in your Excel sheet to import the records.
Just tested this myself and location field was filled correctly after import.
Indeed when using the ID values the load filles out the LDF nicely.
But When a portal user (object type agent with LDF filled) it does not copy the LDF data to the new record