Ampersand (&) in name return no results when used in conjunction with selector and group by - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Ampersand (&) in name return no results when used in conjunction with selector and group by

Ampersand (&) in name return no results when used in conjunction with selector and group by

• When a Lookup uses a Selector with a List View which has a a Group By, and the field being grouped (e.g. name) has an ampersand (&) in one of the records, the result returns an empty set.

For example when looking up products by category:

which has a Group By defined in its view:

The result (of the lookup from a related object) is null (no records to display):

This is not the case when the view is used from say Products (not via a Lookup Selector).

• Hi,

I tested this and couldn't reproduce in house can you share the text which contains "&" in your Products object. Also please provide your Rollbase version.

I tried to reproduce with below steps:

1)Created two objects Products and Order (M:1)

2)Created a view("ex: Custom View") in Products objects by Grouping "Product(integration name is "name")" and sorted by "Updated At".

3)Created few records with "&" in Products objects.

4)In the Order the lookup field uses selector and the view as ("Custom View ").

5)When I try to select the value using look up I am able to see all the records in the list view which are grouped by "Name" and sorted by "created at".

Please let me know If I missed anything from above steps.

• Hi Shiva,

The problem occurs when you group on a related object. To replicate you need to relate your Product object with say the Account object (M:1) and then lookup Products by Account on the Order. If an Account has an ampersand (&) in the name it fails.

I have replicated the problem in the Order Management App (installed from the Marketplace):

1. From Products, Viewing All Products by Account succeeds. Note the name of the related account "Acme & Co":

2. Add a line Item to a Quote and lookup the product:

3. Viewing All Products is fine:

4. Viewing All Products by Account fails (when used with a Selector Lookup):

5. Changing the name of the account from "Acme & Co" to "Acme and Co" succeeds:

The problem can be replicated across the entire system, for any related object with an ampersand in the "Group By" field.

Please let me know the defect number when raised.

• Hi,

This is a bug and #51486 has been raised for the same.  

As a workaround for now,   please remove the grouped-by column (in your case 'Category') from the view.  

Steps for workaround:

1. Go the Edit page of the View. ( Go to Object Definition ==> Views ==>  Edit)

2. In the second section of the page, which is 'Columns' section,  move the column that is grouped-by to Left. (i.e,. in your case,  move the 'Category' column from right table to left. )

3. Save the View.

This should fix your issue of no records shown in the selector pop-up.

Please let me know if this works for you. We shall keep you posted on when this fix would be available in the product.

Thanks & Regards,

• Hi Harsha,

Yes the workaround works. Look forward to the bug fix.

Thank you for your assistance to date.