rbf_setViewSelector() does not filter autocompletion on the field - 4.0.4. - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

rbf_setViewSelector() does not filter autocompletion on the field - 4.0.4.

Forum

rbf_setViewSelector() does not filter autocompletion on the field - 4.0.4.

This question is not answered

Hello,

I am using rbf_setViewSelector("integrationName", value) for a lookup field and upon clicking the selector button, the view does get filtered. However, when I type in the actual input field itself (instead of opening the lookup selector window), there doesn't seem to be any filtering applied. Looks like a bug to me. Could somebody please confirm this to me?

Cheers.

Iram

All Replies
  • Hi Iram,

Are you trying to use the  rbf_setViewSelector on dependent lookups or External Objects?

Regards,

Mani.

• Just normal lookup selector field.

Iram

• Hello Mani,

Any luck with finding out whether this is a known issue or not please?

Cheers.

Iram

• Hi Iram,

Yes. That is a bug. Thanks for catching it.

We will fix it and let you know the update.

TP id #32223

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

• Hi Chandu,

Any dates on when this would be fixed please?

Cheers.

Iram

• Hi Iram,

This is planned for v4.1.0.0 release which is due in the month of March 2016.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

• This has been addressed in the forthcoming 4.2 release.

Regards,
    Siraj.
  • Hello Siraj,

This has not been fixed in V4.2. beta release. The inline-autocomplete still shows all the results regardless of what ViewSelector you have applied on the Lookup field.

Iram

• Iram, this may have been missed in EAP Update 4. However, can confirm that the fix has been committed to release branch.

Can you also please try Ctrl + F5 to refresh browser cache.

Regards,
    Siraj.
  • Just discovered that its the original ID that is not working for the rbf_setViewSelector() function where as it is working with the normal ID for the view. The original ID issue needs to be looked at for this function.

Cheers.

Iram

• Hi Iram,

As per documentation documentation.progress.com/.../,  it requires ID only not Original ID.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

• Hello Chandu,

Ok thanks for that. However does that mean we have to keep changing the ID every time we upgrade?

Iram

• Hi Iram,

No. ID won't change after upgrade.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

• Hello Chandu,

I exported the app from my current version 4.0.4. and reimported it in 4.2 beta version and the view ID has changed. Any reasons why?

Iram

• Any updates on this issue please?