Bug with Edit pages and Multi level Dependent pick-lists using related Objects: - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Bug with Edit pages and Multi level Dependent pick-lists using related Objects:

Forum

Bug with Edit pages and Multi level Dependent pick-lists using related Objects:

• There appears to be a bug with Edit Pages in Rollbase not displaying the currently selected value for the bottom levels of multi-level dependent pick-lists. (Using Related Objects.)

We have managed to workaround this, but believe the issue needs to be fixed.

We are currently running: 3.1.3.0

Example:

Consider and Accommodation Request, related to the following 3 related objects:

1. Property
    2. Room type
    3. Room Rate / Service Level

This all works nicely, until we try Editing the Accommodation request, when the 3rd item appears not to be selected in the 3rd level of the dependent pick-lists:

Example: After clicking Edit for an accommodation record:

The 3rd level of the picklist is not being displayed, but the current details are correct in the record. (The note filed is a field from the related field value from the rate record. - and is correct)

Please Select is appearing instead of the related record name details.

Workaround:

We had to introduce a Script component on the Edit Page for the Accommodation request:

(Variable wait-time as number of available options appears to impact on the reliability of this workaround.)

<script>
    $(document).ready(function(){
    var rateselection = document.getElementById("R191022");
    var rateoptions = rateselection.options;
    var waittime = rateoptions.length * 250;

setTimeout(function(){

for (var i=0; i < rateoptions.length; i++){
    // alert(rateoptionsIdea.text + " **** " + "{!R191022.name#text}");
    if (rateoptionsIdea.text == "{!R191022.name#text}") {
    rateoptionsIdea.selected = true;
    break;
    }
    }

},waittime);
    });
    </script>

After adding this script component, the screen eventually displays the correct value.

• Has anyone been able to look at this and confirm if it is a Bug that is being worked, or has been fixed?

We have one app that has multiple instances of these multi-level dependent pick-lists, and it is happening with each of them. And we have had to do this workaround for each of them.

Another example is a Travel Request form that has Department / Cost Centre (Cost Center for our American friends :) ) / Departmental approver fields. linked to a Department table, a config table containing Department / Cost-Centre, and links to departmental approvers, and a departmental approvers table.

We are currently running: 3.1.3.0

We are in the process of creating 3.2.? environments, but for unrelated technical reasons that process is taking longer than we would like - so we cannot confirm ourselves if this is still a problem.

• Hi Steve,

I've tested this on the 3.2 version and can confirm you that this works fine in the 3.2 and later versions.

Regards,

Mani.

• We are now developing in a private cloud environment running 3.2.3.0, and I can confirm we are still having this issue.

It is definitely not fixed.

Not sure if we are doing something different. I can send you our XML with seed data - if you would like to check this.

It is now happening in a new app.

Have 3 related objects: Customer, Product/Service, and Bill Code - No trouble relating these.

We have a fourth object with lookups for Customer (Main), Product/Service (2nd), and Bill-code (3rd).

New screens are OK, and view screens are OK.

Edit screens however do not bring across the selection for Bill-code.

• In this recent case the workaround is to put this script component on the Edit page:

(Any Edit / Status change pages that use the Bill-Code.)

<script>

// workaround for billcode dependent pick-list issues

var billcodeselection = document.getElementById("R356984");

var billcodeoptions = billcodeselection.options;

var waittime = billcodeoptions.length * 250;

setTimeout(function(){

for (var i=0; i < billcodeoptions.length; i++){

if (billcodeoptionsIdea.text == "{!R356984.name#text}") {

billcodeoptionsIdea.selected = true;

break;

}

}

},waittime);

});

</script>

• replace Idea with ii for this post.

<script>

// workaround for billcode dependent pick-list issues

var billcodeselection = document.getElementById("R356984");

var billcodeoptions = billcodeselection.options;

var waittime = billcodeoptions.length * 250;

setTimeout(function(){

for (var i=0; ii < billcodeoptions.length; ii++){

if (billcodeoptions[ii].text == "{!R356984.name#text}") {

billcodeoptions[ii].selected = true;

break;

}

}

},waittime);

});

</script>

• Would be good if this is fixed in 4..

Cant come soon enough..

• Unable to reproduce the issue with the above stated set of instructions.

Request you to share a sample app xml with Object configurations as defined above.

Regards,

Siraj.

Regards,
    Siraj.
  • This is is valid issue. It  is specifiic to link lookup fields which are configured as picklist. It is a timing issue, wherein, we need to sync between threads that fetch field values with respect to their main look up field.

We are tracking this as Issue:PSC00340520 & it will be addressed in forthcoming releases.

Regards,
    Siraj.