Bug with Edit pages and Multi level Dependent pick-lists using related Objects: - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Bug with Edit pages and Multi level Dependent pick-lists using related Objects:

 Forum

Bug with Edit pages and Multi level Dependent pick-lists using related Objects:

  • There appears to be a bug with Edit Pages in Rollbase not displaying the currently selected value for the bottom levels of multi-level dependent pick-lists. (Using Related Objects.)

    We have managed to workaround this, but believe the issue needs to be fixed.

    We are currently running: 3.1.3.0

    Example:

    Consider and Accommodation Request, related to the following 3 related objects:

    1. Property
    2. Room type
    3. Room Rate / Service Level

    This all works nicely, until we try Editing the Accommodation request, when the 3rd item appears not to be selected in the 3rd level of the dependent pick-lists:

    Example: After clicking Edit for an accommodation record:

    The 3rd level of the picklist is not being displayed, but the current details are correct in the record. (The note filed is a field from the related field value from the rate record. - and is correct)

    Please Select is appearing instead of the related record name details.

      

    Workaround:

    We had to introduce a Script component on the Edit Page for the Accommodation request:

    (Variable wait-time as number of available options appears to impact on the reliability of this workaround.)

    <script>
    $(document).ready(function(){
    var rateselection = document.getElementById("R191022");
    var rateoptions = rateselection.options;
    var waittime = rateoptions.length * 250;

    setTimeout(function(){

    for (var i=0; i < rateoptions.length; i++){
    // alert(rateoptionsIdea.text + " **** " + "{!R191022.name#text}");
    if (rateoptionsIdea.text == "{!R191022.name#text}") {
    rateoptionsIdea.selected = true;
    break;
    }
    }

    },waittime);
    });
    </script>

    After adding this script component, the screen eventually displays the correct value.


  • Has anyone been able to look at this and confirm if it is a Bug that is being worked, or has been fixed?

    We have one app that has multiple instances of these multi-level dependent pick-lists, and it is happening with each of them. And we have had to do this workaround for each of them.

    Another example is a Travel Request form that has Department / Cost Centre (Cost Center for our American friends :) ) / Departmental approver fields. linked to a Department table, a config table containing Department / Cost-Centre, and links to departmental approvers, and a departmental approvers table.

    We are currently running: 3.1.3.0

    We are in the process of creating 3.2.? environments, but for unrelated technical reasons that process is taking longer than we would like - so we cannot confirm ourselves if this is still a problem.

  • Hi Steve,

    I've tested this on the 3.2 version and can confirm you that this works fine in the 3.2 and later versions.

    Regards,

    Mani.

  • We are now developing in a private cloud environment running 3.2.3.0, and I can confirm we are still having this issue.

    It is definitely not fixed.

    Not sure if we are doing something different. I can send you our XML with seed data - if you would like to check this.

    It is now happening in a new app.

    Have 3 related objects: Customer, Product/Service, and Bill Code - No trouble relating these.

    We have a fourth object with lookups for Customer (Main), Product/Service (2nd), and Bill-code (3rd).

    New screens are OK, and view screens are OK.

    Edit screens however do not bring across the selection for Bill-code.

  • In this recent case the workaround is to put this script component on the Edit page:

    (Any Edit / Status change pages that use the Bill-Code.)

    <script>

    // workaround for billcode dependent pick-list issues

    $(document).ready(function(){

    var billcodeselection = document.getElementById("R356984");

    var billcodeoptions = billcodeselection.options;

    var waittime = billcodeoptions.length * 250;

    setTimeout(function(){

    for (var i=0; i < billcodeoptions.length; i++){

     if (billcodeoptionsIdea.text == "{!R356984.name#text}") {

    billcodeoptionsIdea.selected = true;

    break;

    }

    }

    },waittime);

    });

    </script>

  • replace Idea with ii for this post.

    <script>

    // workaround for billcode dependent pick-list issues

    $(document).ready(function(){

    var billcodeselection = document.getElementById("R356984");

    var billcodeoptions = billcodeselection.options;

    var waittime = billcodeoptions.length * 250;

    setTimeout(function(){

    for (var i=0; ii < billcodeoptions.length; ii++){

     if (billcodeoptions[ii].text == "{!R356984.name#text}") {

    billcodeoptions[ii].selected = true;

    break;

    }

    }

    },waittime);

    });

    </script>

  • Would be good if this is fixed in 4..

    Cant come soon enough..

  • Unable to reproduce the issue with the above stated set of instructions.

    Request you to share a sample app xml with Object configurations as defined above.

    Regards,

    Siraj.

    Regards,
    Siraj.
  • This is is valid issue. It  is specifiic to link lookup fields which are configured as picklist. It is a timing issue, wherein, we need to sync between threads that fetch field values with respect to their main look up field.

    We are tracking this as Issue:PSC00340520 & it will be addressed in forthcoming releases.

    Regards,
    Siraj.