Where is the "Login" and "Login as" in the ISV-console - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Where is the "Login" and "Login as" in the ISV-console

Forum

Where is the "Login" and "Login as" in the ISV-console

• After upgrading to 3.1 the "Login" and "Login as" in the customer-screen inISV-console is disappered?

How can I log in to my customers?

•  
    Should be in the what’s new section. However, in 3.1 Tenants need to grant you the ability to Login as them. Here are the steps:

The Tenant Administrator Can Grant Support Access from  Setup > Administratation Setup > Support Access

1)

2) Edit
    3) Choose a Time Unit and Save

That will enable the Support Access for that time period. It can be turned off at any moment.

From: smartsysISV [mailto:bounce-smartsysISV@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2014 7:36 AM
    To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
    Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Where is the "Login" and "Login as" in the ISV-console

Thread created by smartsysISV

After upgrading to 3.1 the "Login" and "Login as" in the customer-screen inISV-console is disappered?

How can I log in to my customers?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

• And if I don't have a tenant-administrator...????

I have always used the Login (Super-User)....

I think the initial administrators is deleted.

•  
    Can you please file a support case? We will watch for it and work with you.

Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2014 8:22 AM
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Where is the "Login" and "Login as" in the ISV-console

Reply by smartsysISV

And if I don't have a tenant-administrator...????

I have always used the Login (Super-User)....

I think the initial administrators is deleted.

• See Case 00295421

• OK thank you.

Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2014 8:46 AM
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Where is the "Login" and "Login as" in the ISV-console

Reply by smartsysISV

See Case 00295421

• And where is the documentation in the 3.1.0-changes???

I see this in then whats-new:

Enhancements to User Access:

A user with a single Progress ID can now belong to multiple teams, and users can be logged into the same app from multiple browsers/devices.

But how do we do this?

• The enhancement to user access that you mention applies to Rollbase Mobile and not regular Rollbase. Rollbase users even today can be associated with one tenant only.

Sent using CloudMagic

On Sun, Dec 07, 2014 at 7:19 PM, smartsysISV <bounce-smartsysISV@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by smartsysISV

And where is the documentation in the 3.1.0-changes???

A user with a single Progress ID can now belong to multiple teams, and users can be logged into the same app from multiple browsers/devices.

But how do we do this?

• The change is referred to in this section documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

and I quote, "Customer tenants to permit master tenants to access their user accounts: Earlier, master tenants could log into a customer tenant without any permissions from the customer tenant. Rollbase 3.1 onward, the administrator of a customer tenant must manually permit master tenant users to access its environment for a specified duration."

• >> A user with a single Progress ID can now belong to multiple teams, and

This is applicable to Rollbase Mobile. i.e., a single Progress Pacific ID that is used in one Private Cloud instance for working with mobile features can be used in

-          Other private instances (installations in other system)

-          Same Progress Pacific ID can be used for both OE-Mobile and Rollbase Mobile usage

-          Single Progress Pacific ID can be used across different customers.

>> users can be logged into the same app from multiple browsers/devices.

This is also applicable for Rollbase Mobile. i.e., multiple users can simultaneously access the Rollbase backend through Rollbase mobile app from dissimilar places (say Emulator, different devices and hosted environments).

Thanks and Regards,
    Anil Kumar.
    Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2014 7:19 PM

Reply by smartsysISV

And where is the documentation in the 3.1.0-changes???

But how do we do this?

• Santosh Patel,

Here is some additional information (the doc will be re-published on Monday to ensure this appears):

Customer tenants to permit master tenants to access their user accounts:

Earlier, master tenants could log into a customer tenant without any permissions from the customer tenant. Rollbase 3.1 onward, the administrator of a customer tenant must manually permit master tenant users to access its environment for a specified duration.
    For more information about permitting administrative users to access a customer tenant accounts, see Enabling an administrative user to log into a customer tenant.

Enabling an administrative user to log into a customer tenant

The administrator of a customer tenant can allow master tenant users to access it's environment for a specified duration. Typically, if a customer tenant requires that the master users troubleshoot a problem in its account, the customer tenant gives access to the master users for them to rectify the problem. After getting the access, the master user can access the customer details page and log into the customer tenant. For more information about how master users log into a customer tenant, see Working with Customer Records.
    To enable a master tenant to log into a customer tenant:

1. From the customer tenant environment, as an administrative user, select Setup Home from the list of applications:
    2. Under the Administration Setup options, select Support Access.
    The Support Access page appears.
    3. 1. Click Edit to modify the support access settings in your tenant.
    4. 2. Select Enable to allow master users to access and log into all the users in your customer tenant.
    5. 3. Specify, in the Give Access for field, the duration for which you want to grant the access.
    6. 4. Click Save.

From: Santosh Patel [mailto:bounce-sapatel@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2014 12:51 PM

Reply by Santosh Patel

The change is referred to in this section documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

and I quote, "Customer tenants to permit master tenants to access their user accounts: Earlier, master tenants could log into a customer tenant without any permissions from the customer tenant. Rollbase 3.1 onward, the administrator of a customer tenant must manually permit master tenant users to access its environment for a specified duration."

• Than you, but i need some assistance to get in to this customer-tenants and open this support access.

Can you see my case 00295421 as soon as possible!!

• Note sure if this helps exactly, but here is some more information:

Working with Customer Records
    To view and work with Customer record details, Rollbase administrators of the master tenant can do the following:
    1. Navigate to the System Console:rut1404849854034
    2. Select the Customers tab.
    3. In the Customers List area, click the Customer Name.
    4. Do any of the following operations:
    *View Logs: View log files associated with this customer, which can be useful for troubleshooting and debugging. Requires view permission
    *Login: Log into a customer tenant as a Super-Admin (invisible user with full access). This option requires log in permission. The button only appears after the administrative user of the customer tenant enables access for the master tenant users. For more information about enabling support access, see Enabling an administrative user to log into a customer tenant.
    *Edit: Modify the customer record. Requires edit permission.
    *Delete: Delete the customer record and all customer's data. Requires delete permission.
    From the More Actions drop-down menu, the following are available:
    *Login As: Log into a customer tenant as a particular user. This option requires log in permission. The button only appears after the administrative user of the customer tenant enables access for the master tenant users. For more information about enabling support access, see Enabling an administrative user to log into a customer tenant.
    *Data Maintenance: Use this procedure to restore the integrity of relationships for this customer. This is only for fixing problems and will not be used under normal conditions. Requires edit permission.
    *System Backup: Monitor and create backup files created in this customer. Requires view permission.
    *Restore from backup: (from Backup page) Use the Restore option to delete all current customer data and replace it with data imported from the selected backup file (no users can be logged in during backup). Requires edit permission.
    *Database Move: Moves customer data to another (selected) database. Requires edit permission. Additionally, after performing Database Move, you must navigate to the customer's details page, under Runtime Information area, select Load to load the customer tenant from the production server cache.
    You unload and load the customer tenant for the new settings to take effect. Only after loading the customer tenant from the production server cache can the users log into the customer tenant.

Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2014 2:16 PM

Reply by smartsysISV

Than you, but i need some assistance to get in to this customer-tenants and open this support access.

• Sent you private e-mail. We work it through support channels.

Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2014 2:16 PM

Reply by smartsysISV

Than you, but i need some assistance to get in to this customer-tenants and open this support access.