User Authentication in Rollbase 3.0 Private Cloud issue - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

User Authentication in Rollbase 3.0 Private Cloud issue

Forum

User Authentication in Rollbase 3.0 Private Cloud issue

• Hi,
    I have a Rollbase 3.0 Private Cloud installed and for a Customer I want to use a HTTP GET atuhentication. I am using the same url as in a 2.2 environment and imported the users from that environment.

Testing the external authentication raises a system error 'No user account for null' . I chcecked with a new user created but same issue appears.

• Hi Mihai,

I would like to test this over here.

Can you include some exact steps to repro ?

Thanks,
    Sven
  • Hi Sven,

The setup is the following:

- install new 3.0 using installer

- generate users from a customer in 2.2 version

- create a customer in 3.0 environment

- import users generated

- in the customer->administration setup->authentication select http get

- use a dummy service in target URL (http://host:port/ServiceName)

- in response text set 'REST Adapter'

- add a user login name from the imported users and a dummy password

- on 'Test Extranal Authentication' the error is raised.

Mihai

• This is a regression in 3.0 2 release. We will be fixing this in an upcoming HotFix

• As work around you can edit the source of the Webpage authentication2.jsp (right click to inspect element in the browser) and replace the below 2 lines

<form action="../setup/authDebug3.jsp" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="formDebug" target="Debug">

to

<form action="../setup/authDebug3.jsp" method="post"  name="formDebug" target="Debug">

and  

<form action="administrationSetup.jsp" method="post" name="theForm" enctype="multipart/form-data" onsubmit="rbf_disableAllButtons()">

to

<form action="administrationSetup.jsp" method="post" name="theForm" onsubmit="rbf_disableAllButtons()">

Basically we need to remove 'enctype="multipart/form-data" ' from both Form Elements.

Hope this will help you.

• Yes, this solved the issue. Thank you