IE10 compatibility issue - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

IE10 compatibility issue

Forum

IE10 compatibility issue

• Hi,

I have an issue running Rollbase application from IE10.

I want to edit the Search Criteria field from a javascript component. Checking the console I get a

"SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'options' of undefined or null reference
    viewEdit.js, line 31 character 390
    "

Browsing for the solution it seems to be a compatibility issue for IE10 (I checked in the Developer Tools with Document Mode set on IE7 standards and it works).

For Mozzila Firefox I can see a "TypeError: fieldCombo is null" but the code works ok. Same applies in Google Chrome (console shows a "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'options' of null" but the application works ok).

A suggested workarround would be to add a meta tag

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

Is this a solution and how can meta tags be added in the page?

Thank you

• Could you share the JavaScript code you're trying to use to edit the Search Criteria?

• Hi Laurent,

This is the code:

<script>

$(document).ready(function(){

//reset to session value

$('textarea').val(sessionStorage['filterSession']);

$("input.btn.btn-small.btn-success.bold").click(function(event){

//keep old value in session storage

var x=$('textarea').val();

sessionStorage['filterSession']=x;

var predef = 'UserId=' + '{!#CURR_USER.loginName}' + '|UserFilter=' + x;

//set predefined filter

$('textarea').val(predef);

});

});

</script>

• Enabled the code syntax on the given code

<script>

$(document).ready(function(){

//reset to session value

$('textarea').val(sessionStorage['filterSession']);

$("input.btn.btn-small.btn-success.bold").click(function(event){

//keep old value in session storage

var x=$('textarea').val();

sessionStorage['filterSession']=x;

var predef = 'UserId=' + '{!#CURR_USER.loginName}' + '|UserFilter=' + x;

//set predefined filter

$('textarea').val(predef);

});

});

</script>

• I am able to get the script running on my instance, but I'm using IE11. Also, on what page is this script running?

• The script is set on the Records List page (that contains the Search Criteria filter field). The script itself does not raise an error but it is not executed correctly.

I want to pass the information to the BusinessLogic (namely the read operation should receive filter parameter with 'UserId=myIdentifier|UserFilter=mySelectedFilter') but I receive only 'mySelectedFilter' string without the string that should be set by the js component.

Same issue on IE11 as well.

• On IE11 I don't see any error about viewEdit.js in the JavaScript console. Or am I looking at the wrong place?

• Hi Laurent,

I attached a printscreen of my console screen from IE11. I am not sure the issue with transfering the information to BusinessEntity comes from here but I still get the same error in the console log.

• The problem is that IE executes the standard function on click before excuting the added code. We solved this by adding a button on top of 'Refresh view' wich calls our code and afterwards calls the standard behaviour.

However it seems it is not related to the issue stated in the console.