Update app via XML fails to import code for a value in radio button object. - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Update app via XML fails to import code for a value in radio button object.

 Forum

Update app via XML fails to import code for a value in radio button object.

  • I am exporting exporting an application on a "dev" server in a private cloud, and then "updating" an app on a "production" server with that XML file. The Integration code is shown in the GUI on the DEV system, and in the raw XML of the export, but does not appear to be imported into production. This seems to be reproducible on Rollbase 3.7.4 so it looks like a bug?
  • XML file looks like this:















  • I've double checked on simple example in my test environment: Integration codes for Radio buttons are installed correctly as part of application.



    Please note that in your XML above only first item has Integration code ("code" XML attribute).



    Please work with Matt if you still think there is a problem - he may help to nail down the issue.
  • Codes are limited to a 10 character max so the problem is that your codes were truncated when you saved changes to your radio button, you just didn't realize it (not your fault).



    I think we should consider showing an info message whenever one or more codes are truncated when a field is created or updated. This way you will at least know that your codes were changed by the system.



    Hope this is somewhat helpful,

    Matt
  • Ah, okay, thanks for looking into this Matt. I see that limit warning now and how I managed to pick a 10-character first word by chance.



    A bigger (and unwelcome) surprise is that the truncation seems to happen only on the import. I just went in now and created "a_really_big_id" and it saves fine. I can use it in a validation expression just fine. It's only after it's exported and imported that it is cut down and I noticed it only because of my QA test of the validation (which fails).



    My preference would be validation before saving, and let me truncate manually.
  • I'll fix that in the next release. Only 10 characters of integration code can be saved in DB.