Rollbase IE Default Document Mode Layout Issue - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Rollbase IE Default Document Mode Layout Issue

Forum

Rollbase IE Default Document Mode Layout Issue

• Hi again all,

Have you tried simply adding

before your html tag?

This should probably have the least impact on any functionality in the system, hopefully ^_^

Thank you very much,

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH
  • Hi,

Just following this one up since we already have the ability to append CSS stylesheets to our apps.

The missing doctype tag will definitely generate issues for IE users, for FF and chrome not so much, but having it will make CSS fabrication a lot easier to be IE compliant ^_^

Hope you understand,

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH
  • *Bump
  • Hi again all,

Have you tried simply adding

before your html tag?

This should probably have the least impact on any functionality in the system, hopefully ^_^

Thank you very much,

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH
  • Hi Martin,

Yes I tried this and unfortunately the simple change of adding "!DOCTYPE" to the html tag causes some Rollbase JavaScript to stop working correctly. I am looking into this and hope to have a solution soon.

Thanks,

Matt
  • Thanks for the speedy reply, hopefully we can get this up an running with the advent of attachable css files =)
  • This has now been fixed. All Rollbase pages now have the !DOCTYPE html tag.

Notes from Pavel:

Please note that CSS on pages with DOCTYPE is more strict. Example:

xxx.style.height=16;

will work without DOCTYPE but with DOCTYPE must be replaced with correct version:

xxx.style.height='16px';

So if you've followed correct CSS syntax there will be no change to your apps, otherwise some adjustments will be needed.
  • I should clarify that as of Jan 7th this was fixed in Rollbase.com production. You will need latest binaries for Private Cloud instances.
  • Thank you again guys!

@Pavel and @Matt

More power to Rollbase!

The platform is definitely getting EVEN better and better every week! ^_^

Luckily, we use WC3 compliant CSS files so we always indicate the parameters needed for our designs ^_^

px, in, em etc.

Woohoo! hehe ^_^

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH