rbf_setLookupFilter not working when lookup is picklist - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

rbf_setLookupFilter not working when lookup is picklist

 Forum

rbf_setLookupFilter not working when lookup is picklist

This question is answered

I have a Lookup field that is set to be a picklist, and I am using rbf_setLookupFilter to set a filter, but it is not working. If i change the field to selector then it does work. Any ideas on how to filter the picklist?

Verified Answer
  • Unfortunately, this is a known limitation of the setLookupFilter API.  I'm not sure if there is an idea out there to allow the filter to work on picklists.  Depending on your use case, you may be able to use a picklist and a dependent picklist to get your filtering in place.  When we first started using Rollbase, we used the picklist on a lookup quite a bit.  Over time, we have moved away from it and back to the selector style due to the filtering and adverse performance of the picklist option.  The entire recordset on a picklist is loaded when the page is loaded. This is why it can't be filtered using the standard API and if you are trying to filter the list, it probably has enough records where you are seeing performance degradation due to the loading of the records on page load.

All Replies
  • Anyone able to help with this?

  • Unfortunately, this is a known limitation of the setLookupFilter API.  I'm not sure if there is an idea out there to allow the filter to work on picklists.  Depending on your use case, you may be able to use a picklist and a dependent picklist to get your filtering in place.  When we first started using Rollbase, we used the picklist on a lookup quite a bit.  Over time, we have moved away from it and back to the selector style due to the filtering and adverse performance of the picklist option.  The entire recordset on a picklist is loaded when the page is loaded. This is why it can't be filtered using the standard API and if you are trying to filter the list, it probably has enough records where you are seeing performance degradation due to the loading of the records on page load.