how to make a table in a docx document? - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

how to make a table in a docx document?

Forum

how to make a table in a docx document?

This question is not answered

Dear readers,

I have a question about an issue I am having. I want to create a table in een docx document within a loop. I only want to name the collum titles and that the rest automatically will be filled. Can anybody help me with that

This is the loop and i want to create a table with these fields

{!#LOOP_BEGIN.R588350#588320}

{!name#text} {!R588350.Stage_opportunity} {!R588350} .{!R588350.R588359}  {!R588350.Number}  {!R588350.Unit#value} {!R588350.Unit_price} . {!R588350.Total} . {!R588350.Type} . {!R588350.Country_opportunity}  {!R588350.Total#value}

{!#LOOP_END.R588350}

Kind regards,

Mike

All Replies
  • Hello,

How about manually entering column headers before start of {!LOOP_BEGIN...} something like

“Department”		“Dept Code”		“Dept ID”
    {!#LOOP_BEGIN.R1717040#2D4Fw4qJSTSxu6gMLGEMwQ}
    {!R1717040.name#text}		{!R1717040.Dept_Code#value}		{!R1717040.Dept_ID}		
    {!#LOOP_END.R1717040}

Does this resolve your doubt?

Thanks,

Nitin

• Hi Nitin,

No that doesn"t work also. The headers are not shown that way sadly.

Thanks anyway

Mike

• Hi,

I was able to replicate this through document template generated in Rollbase. Its a dummy list of College - Department Info. Attaching screenshot, sample input and output docx file.

template - input.docx

template - output.docx

Does this come close to your expectation?

Thanks,

Nitin

• Thank you! That works.

But what if the table has multiple lines. Can it automatically put a row beneath it?

Mike

• The above sample i shared was generated on single base record with 3 related records, for each of related record - rows were added automatically beneath last one.

Otherwise, If you mean a column value has data spanning across multiple lines. In that case, the specific row's height would expand accordingly.

• Thank you for the reply. I trying to fix it right now. For now I only get one line when there are multiples lines I need

Mike