Many to one relationship selection issue - New UI - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Many to one relationship selection issue - New UI

Forum

Many to one relationship selection issue - New UI

This question is not answered

Hello,

I have two objects (A-B) related to each other in a many-to-one relationship(A: Many, B: one). When trying to create a record A with B's lookup field selector being there and selecting the same B record twice (by mistake or knowingly), this append multiple options of the same record in the DOM for B's lookup field and now when I try to save record A, it errors and says that B's value is empty.

This is reproducible quite easily on the Quick Create page because the pop up for the selector doesn't close when a selection is done. However, this can be reproduced on the New and Edit Page as well by selecting the same record multiple times.

Could someone confirm to me if this is a known bug? Kindly let me know.

Version: 4.0.2.0

Cheers.

Iram

All Replies
  • HI Iramk,

Yes, it is an issue. We will log a defect and let you know once its fixed.

Thanks,

Rajkumar

• I could see this problem in the new UI.

This was my test:

Many-to-one relationship between object A and B, lookup for B, and the field is set mandatory

Select the same record of B, twice.

If the field is not set mandatory, then I could save the A record, with empty value for B.

• Exactly, those are the two scenarios. Could this be fixed in the December release please as this one would be quite important. Kindly let me know.

Cheers.

Iram

• I have posted another similar issue here: community.progress.com/.../78559

• Has this been fixed in 4.0.4.?

Iram

• Hello guys,

Could someone let me know if this issue has been fixed or not please?

Cheers.

Iram

• Hi,

This is fixed now and targeted for 4.0.6.

Thanks,

Vimal