How do you redirect to a custom login when a session is expired? - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

How do you redirect to a custom login when a session is expired?

Forum

How do you redirect to a custom login when a session is expired?

This question is answered

I have a custom login page setup.  I can use it to login and the session property for logout is set to direct the user back to the custom page.  However, there are several other ways a session is terminated, like session expiration, second login, etc.  In those situations, the user is taken to the default login page instead of the custom page.  I would like our customer page to be the only one that the end user ever gets to see.  Is there a way to set a redirect for our default login to always go to the custom page?

Verified Answer
  • Bug report has been created: return url is not getting honored when logging out of RB.

All Replies
  • Please make sure you have hidden "rt" parameter on your custom login page with URL of that page:

<input type="hidden" name="rt" value="www.acmeisv.com/.../customLogin.html">

• I have a hidden "rt" parameter.  That appears to work to redirect me to my login page when I choose to logout, but not if the session times out or some other process kills my session.

• I confirm the issue, tracking as PSC00329811

• Thank you very much.

Any suggestions on a work around I can put in place in the meantime?  I'd like to provide as consistent of an experience for the end user as possible.

• Hello,

I need to check if the default login page can be configured. If it can be configured, I am thinking that it might be possible to add a redirect script on that page.

Thank you,
    Gian
  • That would be great.  Thanks for looking into this Gian.

• Hello,

If you can't wait for the next version release fix, I believe you can add a javascript redirect script in the loginPrivate.jsp file located at [Rollbase Folder Path]/Pas_Instance/webapps/router/login/.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Gian
  • I have created a custom login page for one of my tenants.

Also I added the hidden field 'rt' which works fine when I i.e. enter incorrect credentials.

However, logging out of Rollbase takes me to the default login page -> not ok.

Tested this in Rollbase 5.1.

• Bug report has been created: return url is not getting honored when logging out of RB.