Attach button not being displayed despite being selected on the View Page - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Attach button not being displayed despite being selected on the View Page

Forum

Attach button not being displayed despite being selected on the View Page

This question is answered

Hello,

I have a relationship between two objects and I was wanting to attach the related record from one to the other. However I dont see the attach button being available to me despite selecting the "Enable Attach" checkbox in the design page. I even cloned that object and checked to see if the attach button gets available and it doesn't for some unknown reason. Any possible explanation to this?

Verified Answer
  • Agree: tracking as PSC00330141

Thanks,
    Pavel

Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:47 AM
    To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
    Cc: Robert McDonald; Murali Mohan; Pavel Vorobiev
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Attach button not being displayed despite being selected on the View Page

While this is true for Invoice and Line Item relationship, it may be different for other relationships like Question and Answer. Assuming the relationship carnality is Many-to-Many, the Attach Button can be used to attach the dependent record to other core object records.

In my opinion, we should not bother hiding the button when dependent property is enabled because dependent records can still be assigned to other records via edit page. A simpler approach in configuring the button is for customers to use the Show Attach Button property in UI pages.

Regards,
    Godfrey

Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:36 AM
    Cc: Robert McDonald; Murali Mohan; Godfrey Sorita
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Attach button not being displayed despite being selected on the View Page

I want to clarify: “dependent” object records do not make sense outside of core object record. Example: Invoice – Line Item. It does not make sense to attach item from one invoice to another invoice. For that reason “Attach” button was removed for Dependent Objects.

Perhaps we should also remove “Detach” links as well. And  disable “Show Attach Button” in Page Editor for Related lists for Dependent objects. Or do not bother with hiding “Attach” button at all.

Let’s decide.

Thanks,
    Pavel

From: Godfrey Sorita [mailto:bounce-gsorita@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 11:18 AM

Reply by Godfrey Sorita
    IramK
    I'm just not sure why is the Attach button still displayed in that case if it's not supposed to work if the dependent option gets checked. 

Please do include this in your enhancement request: Disable Enable Attach property if Dependent property is enabled.

The documentation does not have a section about the "dependent" property nor the Attach Button behavior. This issue has been reported and will most likely be in the next release.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

All Replies
  • Agree: tracking as PSC00330141

Thanks,
    Pavel

Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:47 AM
    Cc: Robert McDonald; Murali Mohan; Pavel Vorobiev

While this is true for Invoice and Line Item relationship, it may be different for other relationships like Question and Answer. Assuming the relationship carnality is Many-to-Many, the Attach Button can be used to attach the dependent record to other core object records.

In my opinion, we should not bother hiding the button when dependent property is enabled because dependent records can still be assigned to other records via edit page. A simpler approach in configuring the button is for customers to use the Show Attach Button property in UI pages.

Regards,
    Godfrey

Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:36 AM
    Cc: Robert McDonald; Murali Mohan; Godfrey Sorita

I want to clarify: “dependent” object records do not make sense outside of core object record. Example: Invoice – Line Item. It does not make sense to attach item from one invoice to another invoice. For that reason “Attach” button was removed for Dependent Objects.

Perhaps we should also remove “Detach” links as well. And  disable “Show Attach Button” in Page Editor for Related lists for Dependent objects. Or do not bother with hiding “Attach” button at all.

Let’s decide.

Thanks,
    Pavel

From: Godfrey Sorita [mailto:bounce-gsorita@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 11:18 AM

Reply by Godfrey Sorita
    IramK
    I'm just not sure why is the Attach button still displayed in that case if it's not supposed to work if the dependent option gets checked. 

Please do include this in your enhancement request: Disable Enable Attach property if Dependent property is enabled.

The documentation does not have a section about the "dependent" property nor the Attach Button behavior. This issue has been reported and will most likely be in the next release.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.