OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• Add confirmation when closing a ScratchPad tab

When you close a ScratchPad tab, it just closes, meaning you lose anything that was in that tab. An "are you sure?" confirmation would be nice to protect accidental clicks.
  • Keyword casing setting for Appbuilder within OE Architect should follow preference...

The built-in appbuilder in OEA, used for designing, should follow the case preference from the OEA settings too. Currently every new design changes the generated code from the appbuilder to upper case. Correct case within OEA editor is set to lower case...
  • Keyword casing setting for Appbuilder within OE Architect should follow preference...

The built-in appbuilder in OEA, used for designing, should follow the case preference from the OEA settings too. Currently every new design changes the generated code from the appbuilder to upper case. Correct case within OEA editor is set to lower case...
  • Conditional / Ternary operator

Many languages know the ternary operator (?) for a short way of assigning a field. Mostly the statement is as: condition ? value_if_true : value_if_false Statement in MySQL: var = IF (condition, value_if_true, value_if_false) Statement in...
  • XOR operator (logical)

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Besides the AND, OR and NOT logical operators also the XOR would sometimes be convenient to have.
  • Indexes used by r-code AKA RCODE-INFO:INDEX-CRC-LIST

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    We have an internal delivery system that allows you to move programs to our customers on a ticket by ticket basis. So if you changed 10 programs under ticket 1234 and 15 programs under ticket 4567 the system is smart enough to allow to move all the programs...
  • PASOE - Add ability to log elements of a REST call

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    right now one is limited to what apache logs in its various files or using RequestDump to capture the entire request/response payload. I want a configurable logging option which'll allow me to capture elements of a REST call including any header I...
  • PASOE - document logging.xml

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    There's no real documentation on the Progress elements of logging.xml and there needs to be. There also needs to be more documentation on logging in general.
  • Add SESSION:PID

To get the Process-ID of the current session, we use _MyConnection table or external libraries. Wouldn't it be nice if this is a attribute of the SESSION system handle?
  • PDSOE - MES template

Every time I start a new workspace in PDSOE, I first adapt the MES macro template. By default it is defined as: MESSAGE ${cursor} VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX. I always change it to: MESSAGE ${cursor} VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX INFORMATION. I know each user...