OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• authentication callbacks should be protected by CRC to prevent masquerading of the...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    The authentication system callback is a really cool idea. However, there needs to be a mechanism to guarantee that the callback procedure called is really the one that was intended. On windows, it may be possible to use an absolute UNC path to guarantee...
  • REST client

REST based web services are becoming an important part of the Openedge environment, but only the server side. I think there should be a built in way of accessing REST based services from the ABL just like there is for SOAP-based web services.
  • log entry type "QryInfo" should log ALL Query infos

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    At the current state the log entry type "qryinfo" only logs "OPEN QUERY" and "FOR EACH". This makes the log pretty much useless when searching for index (performance) problems. qryinfo should log information for ALL "search...
  • Allow inline assign of literal values to EXTENT variables

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Currently, this is valid: DEFINE VARIABLE i AS INTEGER NO-UNDO EXTENT INITIAL [1,2,3,4,5]. This is also valid: DEFINE VARIABLE i AS INTEGER NO-UNDO EXTENT INITIAL [1,2,3,4,5]. DEFINE VARIABLE j AS INTEGER NO-UNDO EXTENT INITIAL [1,2,3,4,5,6]. DEFINE...
  • Show which parameter is wrong in error messages, correct/enhance the error messa...

• Under Review
    • 2 Comments
    On linux pro -basekey ini -s 500 shows following error 'The -s parameter requires a numeric argument. (11996)' I spent the better part of an hour debugging and trying to figure out why 500 wasn't numeric. The error should have been...
  • Search (or Filter) for a field name in "DB Structure" View of "DB...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Permit to search for a database field name in the "DB Structure" view. The view would then show the tables that contain the field(s) matching the search criteria, and when the table is expanded (possibly by all expanded by default when searching...
  • allow OUTPUT VOID when we don't care about a method / function / procedure OUTPUT...

• Under Review
    • 2 Comments
    Currently, if there is an OUTPUT parameter that we don't care about (e.g. there might be five output parameters, but in a given context, you might just need one or two of those), we have to do something like this: PROCEDURE test: DEFINE OUTPUT...
  • Undo/Redo in "ABL Scratchpad" view

• Complete
    • 0 Comments
    The idea is to have the very basic text Undo/Redo (ctrl+z/ctrl+y) in the "ABL Scratchpad" view in the VisualDesigner. It's a very basic functionality and would prevent a lot of pain (it's not because it's "volatile" code...
  • OpenEdge windows add optional 32bit clients to 64bit installation

• Complete
    • 0 Comments
    On a windows platform you currently have to choose between either 32 or 64 bit OpenEdge installation. You cannot install both. Our "classic" application uses some 32bit OCX's (eg. Microsoft Common controls). Our .Net UI doesn't use...
  • Add ability to edit built-in auto-complete templates

• Under Review
    • 3 Comments
    The built-in auto-complete templates work well for the most part, however they impose a formatting that's inconsistent with the style I work with. I'd like to have the ability to adjust the template values that's inserted into the code base...