OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• ABL Scratchpad - editor preferences

• Complete
    • 3 Comments
    It would be nice to see some of the editor preferences (background color, text font, etc) carry over to the ABL Scratchpad editor. For example, if I go with a darker background, I'd like that to also apply to the ABL Scratchpad.
  • ABL Scratchpad - Tabbing

• Complete
    • 0 Comments
    Re: https://progress.my.salesforce.com/articles/Article/000043396?popup=true A bit of a nuisance that is. Tab key doesn't tab in the ABL Scratchpad. Confirmed as still broken in 11.4.
  • Suppress Creation of Namespace Directory Structure on Class Compile

If the SAVE-INTO compile option is specified, it would be nice to be able to suppress the creation of the namespace directory structure when compiling a .cls file and make it behave like the compilation of a .p file. The current behavior results in duplication...
  • Allow EMPTY-TEMP-TABLE on temp-table handle (currently only possible on a buffer...

Enable the use of EMPTY-TEMP-TABLE on a temp-table handle. Currently you need a buffer handle to be able to execute the EMPTY-TEMP-TABLE method. I would like to write: tempTableHandle:EMPTY-TEMP-TABLE() instead of: tempTableHandle:DEFAULT-BUFFER...
  • New Database Server parameter, preventing the selection of unspecified values (?...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Quote from the documentation: http://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge114/pdfs/webpapers/ABL_triggers_and_indexes.pdf (site 24) "Indexes and unknown values. If an index contains an Unknown value (?), the AVM sorts that value higher than...
  • Add Microsoft LINQ support

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    It would be nice if Openedge database supports MS LINQ.
  • Conversion operators / cast operator overriding

In C# you have the ability to override the implicit and explicit cast operator. From msdn: "C# enables programmers to declare conversions on classes or structs so that classes or structs can be converted to and/or from other classes or structs...
  • 11.4 Using statement assistance enhancement request

• Complete
    • 1 Comments
    New in 11.4, PDS, has some nice options to auto add the using statement. It will really improve our productivity when writing OO ABL/.net code in PDS. One thing though which would be a nice subsequent enhancement is to give us a bit more control over...
  • .NET Open Client should have the CLIENT-PRINCIPAL class like the java Open Clien...

The .NET Open Client has missing functionality to handle and create the CLIENT-PRINCIPAL object. An ABL/Java Client is already able to create the CLIENT-PRINCIPAL object and export/import it to the Appserver so it could be validated on a secure method...
  • Allow embedding .NET controls on an ABL frame

You can find code examples of overlaying ABL frames and .NET controls, e.g. dynamically replacing an ABL browse with a .NET grid (by creating a .NET grid on top of the ABL browse). However, this is a big effort and it's tricky to get it to work properly...