OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• A built-in function or method is required to convert a numeric value in exponential...

We encountered a problem when obtaining a JSON array containing elements of the Decimal type that have a value in exponential form - today there no built-in functionality available in ABL to convert exponential notation to decimal value. When we try...
  • JsonObject:CopyProperty() - Or AddJsonText

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    When we need to copy property from one JsonObject to another JsonObject, and we it could be nice to have copy. Object1:CopyProperty(property-name1, Object2:Property(property-name2)). Object1:AddJsonText(property-name1, Object2:GetJsonText(property...
  • JsonObject:Rename

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    We often have to rename properties in JsonObjects. So in place of saving value, remove old property-name, add value with new property-name it would be beneficial to have Rename method. Rename(Old-property-name, New-property-name)
  • Have an attribute to track down 4GL transactions of a standard 4GL client (like TRANS...

What would be a non pasoe equivalent to the TRANS-INIT-PROCEDURE attribute to track down 4GL transactions of a standard 4GL client ? This would help troubleshooting issues where a client has a lot of open windows, and find back the transaction giving...
  • Add an automated ability to spec and deploy REST services to a PASOE instance

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    I have a code generator which'll create the entire back-end stack for a REST service among other things. What I don't have is an automated way to create the REST mappings and then and deploy these services to a PASOE instance w/out going through...
  • Create a global documentation index PDF

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    I've had a number of cases where I was looking for something and spent too much time looking in different docs trying to find what I needed. A PDF with a global "index of everything" would be extremely helpful in such cases.
  • BPROWSDL Output Data Type Mapping

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    The output of bprowsdldoc maps many data types to CHAR, this commonly a solution to the limitations of the native PSC data type. For example double is mapped to CHAR for reasons having to do with format, 2.329727e5 or range of the data type. While this...
  • Enhance stack trace to identify USER-INTERFACE-TRIGGER used

Stack traces are brilliant for identifying whereabouts code is failing. But when it tells you the code is part of a USER-INTERFACE-TRIGGER it makes it a lot harder to track down. Yes, it tells you the line number, but when icode is involved it becomes...
  • proxygen dotnet (.net) core dlls

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Similar to: https://community.progress.com/community_groups/products_enhancements/i/openedge/net_core_linux We would like dotnet core version 2.0 of the proxygen generated .net dlls including Progress.Messages.dll and Progress.o4glrt.dll.
  • Method ADD-FIELDS-FROM should trim space characters from except-list expression

Problem: Method ADD-FIELDS-FROM truncates all the fields after 1st space character is encountered between comma delimited except-list expression. Related post: https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_development/f/19/t/35299 Proposed...