Community - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

Community

• Reorganize/rename OE Ideas areas

Under Ideas, please rename "OpenEdge" to something more descriptive like "OpenEdge ABL/Tools" or the like. Several database-specific ideas have been placed under "OpenEdge" rather than "OpenEdge RDBMS", meaning...
  • Ideas about PDSOE or OOABL no longer welcome ?

• Not Planned
    • 1 Comments
    When creating a POST here you now have to choose between BPM, Corticon, ... There is no option for OOABL or PDSOE. Are those ideas no longer welcome ? The URL (https://community.progress.com/businessusers/i/openedge/create.aspx) I have been using...
  • Enable notifications based on keywords

Since there are now just a few (big!) forums and I really don't care about the forum, I would like to subscribe to keywords rather than forums. For example, I am currently interested in the topic of multi-tenancy. If you search on 'tenancy'...
  • Allow users to edit ideas that they have submitted.

• Under Review
    • 2 Comments
    It appears that once a user clicks Save on an idea, they aren't able to edit it later. It would be good to allow the user to edit the idea to correct typos or reword for clarity.
  • Click on "Thumb" to Like something -- don't just click on "Like"...

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    I keep having the issue that I click on the "thumbs up" to LIKE a post --- this is what I do in YouTube or Facebook. But I need to click the text "Like" beside the thumb. My suggestion is that we should be able to click on the THUMB...
  • Don't automatically set focus on the search box

I'm used to the space bar to scroll down the page, and backspace to go back one page. But having the focus set to the search box at the top of the page makes those shortcuts useless. Would it be possible not to set focus on this search box ?
  • Create OpenEdge Express version / Revive OpenEdge Briefcase

• Complete
    • 3 Comments
    If Progress wants to promote OpenEdge among the young developers I think there should be a free version available for download. This is possible for most languages/development platforms that are in use today. At the time of the possenet initiative such...
  • How do I unsubscribe from all these irrelevant Group emails?

I'd like to unsubscribe from all the Business and Technical group emails. I only need emails for my own post threads. It seems I have to join a group to post - does that mean I have to keep joining and unjoining groups just to be able to post...
  • Give some information about how the ABL Language works behind the screen.

I always find it motivating to learn how a language is actually written behind the screens. These are some things I would really like to know and the idea is for OpenEdge/Progress to create some wiki entries explaining some techniques like: - The...
  • Ability to edit posts

Apparently we can't edit our own posts? Please enable this basic feature. Thanks.