Community - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

Community

• A community group for raising site bugs

Please can we have a community group for raising bugs with the community itself? Thanks.
  • Native Support in the 4GL of Soap with Attachements / MTOM

Since MTOM is THE standard format to exchange large amount of data when consuming or offering Web-Services / Soap Calls we would be happy to see native Support in the 4GL. P.s.: the available work arounds (Using Dot.Net or HTTP Client in 11.x or higher...
  • More statuses

At the DB Info Exchange, Brian Bowman was explaining that he only has Under Review and Coming Soon for ideas. Would it be possible to make these statuses more broad, even just adding the default status of New? There is no real differentiation for an idea...
  • INPUT-OUTPUT oObject:pProperty is not allowed

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Why can't we use an object reference qualified variable name as an input output or output parameters ???
  • Certify linux parameter elevator=deadline

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    My company is looking for certifiation on the linus parameter elevator=deadline. This applies only to virtual servers. This parameter is known to improve I/O performance by minimizing I/O latency. The deadline I/O scheduler has features that ensure...
  • Add more filters to the knowledgebase

I would like the possibility to filter searches in the knowledgebase, primarily based on version of Progress. So either exact version (11.5) or at least 11.0 and upwards (ie remove entries only applicable to versions 9 and 10 or older). (If this idea...
  • Create an event in Calendar - Pop-Up reminder defaults to 15 miniutes and appears...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Unfortunately, the default value appears to have been hard-coded to have a default value, and the value has been fixed at 15 minutes. There does not appear to be a way to re-configure that for a different default value. There would be value if we were...
  • Tracking of bugs

It would be awfully nice if, when a support case led to a bug, new or old, that one could get one's name attached to the bug in such a way that one would get notification when a patch or release was made that solved the bug.
  • Wiki is a good place to put all kind of relevant stuff, but....

When I'm aproaching a concept, I have learned that the wiki has lots of good readings and stuff. In fact so much, that abrumates the newbie, like me. For instance, I'm reasearching all about the OERA, and found on development.wiki lots of documents...
  • Add ability to see who has (down) voted for an idea

Currently I'm seeing a lot of my (and others) posted ideas getting downvoted, some almost immediatelly after posting them. Who is doing this, and more importantly why (some motivation as to why could be useful for all) On the other hand it could...