we have numerios tables replicating without any issue's and normally Tables that have columns that contain any "Identifiable Information" we just exlude the Column, so far so good.
but we have a table we want to replicate but the stumbling block is a column that contains data we need, but also contains several vaules of "identifiable information" that we dont need, so we want to only to exclude "Identifiable Information" and replicate the rest the of the column.
is this possible ?
Yes it is possible. We do have a support for Custom Retention Rules. If you want to omit any data then you can write your own condition to avoid the data from replication/bulk loading.
Please find the steps below to add Retention rules.
1. Go to Tools->Custom Retention Rules from Pro2 Admin tool
2. A new window which displays the info regarding generating rules will pop up. Click 'OK'
3. Click on 'Add' to add the new rule
4. Enter Source DB, table details
5. Enter your condition in 'Condition Statement' text box. You can always use 'Past-DB-Tab' to select the source db
6. Here is the example statement to avoid data from customer table which has country as 'USA'
<<Source_DB>>.customer.country = "USA"
7. After adding the Condition then clock on 'Save'
8. Generate the Process Libraries again and restart the replication threads.
Hope this will work for your situation.