How to use Kendo UI Builder with a data provider from a data object web applicaton project? - Forum - Kendo UI Builder - Progress Community

How to use Kendo UI Builder with a data provider from a data object web applicaton project?

Forum

How to use Kendo UI Builder with a data provider from a data object web applicaton project?

This question is answered

I tried to use a data provider that was build for a Telerik App using an data object web application project.

So I have a restservice running on a tomcat server.

Within the Kendo UI Builder it works fine using this as the datasource.

But I am not able to deploy the web app to the tomcat server.

Is there a recommended way for deployment to a webserver other than PAS OE?

thanks in advance

Wolfgang

Verified Answer
  • Hi Sanjeev,

your info was helpfully and it also works for tomcat-WebServers.

1.) deploy the xyApp.war-file  to the webapps directory of the tomcat-server

2.) restart the ttomcat-server

3.) move the directory xyApp to the ROOT-directory in the webapps-directory

that's it - and it works

Thanks a lot

Wolfgang

All Replies
  • Hi,

Currently we don’t have in built support for deploying of KUIB output to tomcat Web Server. But you can deploy the output of KUIB to any Web Server. I just tried to deploy the output of KUIB to OE Web Server and able to launch the application. Here are the steps I followed:

1.       Copy the build output of KUIB App to OE Web Server’s ROOT directory (C:\Progress\OpenEdge\servers\tomcat\webapps\ROOT)

2.       Start tomcat OE Web Server

3.       Now access the OE Web Server (http://localhost:8980)

Since we have copied to ROOT directory of OE Web Server, we can directly see KUIB app running when access the above URL.

Hope this helps,
    Sanjeev.

• Hi Sanjeev,

your info was helpfully and it also works for tomcat-WebServers.

1.) deploy the xyApp.war-file  to the webapps directory of the tomcat-server

2.) restart the ttomcat-server

3.) move the directory xyApp to the ROOT-directory in the webapps-directory

that's it - and it works

Thanks a lot

Wolfgang