Searching in a grid - Forum - Kendo UI Builder - Progress Community
 Forum

Searching in a grid

This question is answered

There may be a problem in the search functionality.  I search for names beginning with "Dan" in the sports database and choose "Dan's" and i get an error in the query.  I think it is because there is an apostrophe in the name.

Can anyone else verify this as an error?

Thanks!

-dan

Verified Answer
  • Hello Dan,

There is currently an issue when using apostrophes / single quotes in a query.

Here is a workaround / fix.

You could try updating the function _convertToABLWhereString() in progress.all.js (near line 410) and update the code to look like the following:

// We need to build a template format string for the where string.

// We'll first add positional info for the value

if (type === STRING_OBJECT_TYPE) {

format = "'{1}'";

value = value.replace(/'/g, "~'");

}

Please let me know how it goes if you try it out.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

• Hi Dan,

This is issue in the current version of the JSDO library. The fix for this issue will be available in the next/future versions of JSDO.

From the Kendo UI Builder, the client side filtering works fine with string containing quotes. i.e., checking ‘Client-side filtering’ check box in the ‘Edit Data Source’ screen in Kendo UI Builder will allow us to use client side filtering.

Similar post in Communities:
                    community.progress.com/.../24405

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
    Anil Kumar.

All Replies
  • Hello Dan,

There is currently an issue when using apostrophes / single quotes in a query.

Here is a workaround / fix.

You could try updating the function _convertToABLWhereString() in progress.all.js (near line 410) and update the code to look like the following:

// We need to build a template format string for the where string.

// We'll first add positional info for the value

if (type === STRING_OBJECT_TYPE) {

format = "'{1}'";

value = value.replace(/'/g, "~'");

}

Please let me know how it goes if you try it out.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

• Hi Dan,

This is issue in the current version of the JSDO library. The fix for this issue will be available in the next/future versions of JSDO.

From the Kendo UI Builder, the client side filtering works fine with string containing quotes. i.e., checking ‘Client-side filtering’ check box in the ‘Edit Data Source’ screen in Kendo UI Builder will allow us to use client side filtering.

Similar post in Communities:
                    community.progress.com/.../24405

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
    Anil Kumar.

• Thanks!  I will try your suggestion Edsel.  I can demo around it in the interim :)

• i applied this change in progress.all.js in resources\web\scripts\progress.all.js and it appeared to fix the issue.

thanks.