OE DevelopersKit Corporate - what to install to have PASOE? - Forum - OpenEdge General - Progress Community

OE DevelopersKit Corporate - what to install to have PASOE?

Forum

OE DevelopersKit Corporate - what to install to have PASOE?

This question is answered

Just bought OEDevKIT Corporate, and have installed Linux 64bit

OE AppServer Ent.

OE RDBMS Adv Ent Edition

OE AppServer Basic

All installed on a Ubuntu 16.x server x64. 

I am trying to create a Psific Application server, but it fails with an error saying that tcman.sh could not found.... after checking KB#60528, it tells me to install the correct license. What is the correct license?

Checking the installation, it has no $DLC/server/pasific directory....

anyone know what I do wrong?

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

You need to install any one of the following components to use Progress Application Server for OpenEdge (PASOE):

Progress Dev AS for OE

Progress ProdAS for OE  

Thanks,

Srinivas Munigala

• Hi,

Note that PASOE Dev is limited to 1 agent and 5 sessions. Install PASOE Prod for unlimited agents/sessions, if you'd like to run benchmarks etc.

Another remember that if you are defining a Database in OE Management/Explorer it will have a default connection limit (-n) of 20 which you can remove.

HTH,

Alon

All Replies
  • Hi,

You need to install any one of the following components to use Progress Application Server for OpenEdge (PASOE):

Progress Dev AS for OE

Progress ProdAS for OE  

Thanks,

Srinivas Munigala

• Hi,

Note that PASOE Dev is limited to 1 agent and 5 sessions. Install PASOE Prod for unlimited agents/sessions, if you'd like to run benchmarks etc.

Another remember that if you are defining a Database in OE Management/Explorer it will have a default connection limit (-n) of 20 which you can remove.

HTH,

Alon